411 Locals, a 10-years old, 450-people strong internet advertising agency located on 3 continents, is on the threshold of a growth spurt. This multi-dimensional growth (new markets, new sales approaches, new sales teams, new marketing) calls for new key people to join the company.
Senior sales manager in charge of all sales activities, departments and personnel involved in sales for the company. Provides leadership to the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
- Develops, or participates with the senior staff, in the development of the Strategic Plan for the company.
- Develops sales strategies, structure, systems, processes, and plans that ensure achieving of company sales goals and profitability.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets and segments to secure new business for the company.
- Responsible for the execution of sales strategies and plans.
- Responsible for the achieving of sales and cost per sale goals.
- Analyzes sales statistics to determine business growth potential.
- Establishes performance goals and action plans by individuals as well as by team, and monitors performance on a continual basis.
- Initiates and oversees necessary changes in scripting, sales process, personnel, training, monitoring, compensation, hiring procedures, leads, staffing, dialers and technology.
- Coordinates, and monitors sales incentive programs.
- Ensures that all sales agents meet or exceed all activity standards for calls, TOs, closes, and sales.
- Directs managed departments to achieve objectives established in the company’s Strategic Plan.
- Organizes timely and correct reports on sales performance and on plans execution.
- Oversees all hiring, training and firing of personnel involved in sales.
- Builds effective communications within the department and feedback loops.
- Controls payroll and expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Sets example in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Work with disgruntled employees and customers to ensure the company's interests are protected
- Continuously improve theirs and the team's knowledge and performance by self-education and training.
- Build and maintain a united, goal oriented, money motivated, and company loyal team.
Relationships and Roles
- Member of the company’s senior staff.
- Reports to the President.
- Oversees these functions in the department: recruitment, hiring, training, monitoring, reporting, sales management, sales, and leads management.
- Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Conducts regular meeting with immediate subordinates as well as with separate teams and with the whole department.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling by individuals as well as by team to build motivation and selling skills.
- Coordinates sales operations with all other departments/divisions of the Company.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
Experience & Background
- 5-7 years of experience in a call center sales management role.
- Strong understanding of the SMB B2B market dynamics and requirements.
- Strong motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- MBA is highly desirable.