8 Hospitality Group
8 Hospitality is a restaurant, hospitality development, and management company specializing in food and beverage marketing, branding, promotions, public relations, and operations. We see food and beverage as a lifestyle that is maintained through valuable experiences and mutually beneficial relationships with the community.
OPERATIONS MANAGER | CHICAGO, IL
8 Hospitality Group is currently seeking an Operations Manager to help lead their outstanding team. This is a challenging, hands-on position requiring exceptional standards and attention to detail to ensure their team at the Hubbard Inn is properly supported and their guests are provided with a great experience.
- Oversees all finance and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedures, end of period, banking procedures and PAF's.
- Directly leads staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Handles and provides resolution to guest complaints and team member issues.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to restaurant policies and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Background
- Five years’ experience required, with operations/floor manager experience in a restaurant or nightclub highly desired.
- Experience in hospitality preferred, with focus on food/beverage.
- Knowledge of profit/loss statements and financial understanding including costing inventory and pricing.
- Strong management skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of team members; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
- The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of social media and marketing.