A Simple Reminder, LLC
Educational Game Development Team Leader
A Simple Reminder (ASR) is an IT consulting company offering managed IT services, web design, and application development, with a focus on charter school clients and the K-12 education sector. ASR is also involved in K-12 course and curriculum development and is building capacity to create more immersive and engaging “gamified” course content that both captivates students and satisfies educational standards.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead our initiative to create a game-based curriculum. The ASR is also involved in K-12 course and curriculum development and is building capacity to create more immersive and engaging “gamified” course content that both captivates students and satisfies educational standards.
- Prepares a detailed analysis of the game design specification and determines project milestones; develops a schedule for the project and determines the resources required.
- Manages the work of the project team; drives implementation of key processes.
- Interfaces with educators to develop project requirements and understands the connections between game content and educational goals & standards.
- Establishes and monitors plans for on-time delivery of pilots, programs, and learning systems; ensures that key milestones are met.
- Monitors progress against plan; identifies and assesses risks; plans for contingencies.
- Serves as central point of contact for the project; keeps management informed.
- Monitors industry, customer, and competitive trends and analyzes implication to the business.
Experience and Background
- Previous experience in game production, development or design is required.
- Experience with educational games or curriculum development strongly preferred
- Unity game engine experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to turn ideas into goals, execute tasks, evaluate project direction and pivot midstream as necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to lead and motivate teammates
- Strong multitasking skills
- Superb problem-solving, organizational, and communications skills
- High level of knowledge of game design & development process
- 4 year degree in relevant discipline (Computer Science, Game Development, Game Art & Design or similar) or equivalent experience