A-Tech Consulting Inc. is a premier, full service environmental consulting firm with all the appropriate state and fedreal certifications and accreditations, dedicated to providing clients with complete, decisive information to identify, manage and mitigate potential environmental liabilities. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, our experienced team of licensed professionals take pride in offering a level of environmental expertise unmatched in the industry.
A-Tech Consulting is seeking Environmental Field Technicians to join our team of highly motivated individuals. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will entail field work including asbestos and lead paint inspections and project monitoring in addition to report writing.
- Lead and conduct Asbestos and Mold Inspections
- Project Monitoring to include indoor Air Quality Assessments and Field Investigations
- Identify, comprehend, and apply regulatory requirements to each project and situation.
- Obtain appropriate samples comprehensively and discreetly.
- Properly analyze asbestos PCM samples and document the following hazardous materials: Mercury, Freon, PCBs, and radioactive exit signs
- Train new hires that are Jr. Field Technicians or Field Technician 1.
- Foster client relations. Be able to communicate project scopes of services and updates to clients and management proficiently and professionally.
- Competently perform AHERA Initial Inspections and Reinspections for school districts
- Competently perform TEM Clearances per AHERA requirements
- Competently perform mold assessments, mold remedial scopes of work and clearances. Competently evaluate analytical results.
Experience & Background
- Must have a minimum CSST certification.
- Must have a minimum 1 year experience in the industry.
- Experience in an Industrial Hygiene practice.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of building design and know names of common construction materials
- Must have either DPH Sampling Technician or Inspector/Assessor Certifications
- Must have NIOSH 582B Training and be able to analyze asbestos PCM Samples
- Certified mold inspector, certified infection control consultant, certified radon inspector or other approved applicable certifications
- Comprehension of how to perform asbestos and lead surveys and monitoring activities in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Ability to properly assess a property, safely obtain samples and complete all required documentation.
- Basic understanding of how to conduct a mold inspection and conduct mold clearance testing.
- Technician should be able to have basic communication capability with clients and other staff including basic training of Jr. Field Technicians.
- Trained by the A-Tech Procedures Training Manual and all documentation will be completed in accordance with this manual.
- Knowledge of how to conduct mold clearance testing, and various IAQ inspections and be able to comprehend, evaluate and come to analytical data.
Preferred Certifications: CAC, DPH Certified Lead Inspector/Assessor, DPH Certified ---Lead Project Monitor, 40 hour HAZWOPER or willingness to work towards an appropriate certification.
- Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, and PTO benefits provided
- Immediate Employment Opportunity for Full Time, Part Time or Per-Diem.
- Opportunity for for vertical growth