Every day, Driven to Deliver. Service First, Safety Always.
As a full-service environmental services company, Advanced Disposal is ready and able to meet your waste collection needs. We provide collection, transfer, disposal and recycling operations to more than 200,000 commercial customers and 2.8 million residential customers throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Wisconsin and the Bahamas. We have more than 3,100 trucks running routes daily. And we offer a full range of services, including: Residential, Commercial, Recycling, Roll-Off Containers, Special Waste, Landfills, Transfer Stations.
Route Manager | Eau Claire, WI
We are looking for an experienced Route Manager To direct the activities of drivers and helpers in providing safe, effective and courteous waste collection service to customers. The Route Supervisor is the first line supervisor responsible for the productivity of the collection crews.
- Directly responsible for supervision of drivers and helpers, including hiring, scheduling, corrective action and other related issues.
- Plans routes and schedules drivers and helpers to provide the most efficient service to customers. Resolves missed pick-ups or additional pick-ups.
- As the field representative, responds effectively and courteously to customer inquiries, special requests, or complaints. May also interact with city, state or municipal government employees.
- Performs route audits to insure safe and efficient procedures are followed, and to identify possible training needs. Completes employee I-Cares and discusses results with drivers and helpers.
- Develops work schedules to match staffing levels, makes work assignments and monitors progress to improve work process efficiency. May also plan routes to provide the most efficient service to customers while managing labor hours and disposal tons.
- Responds to driver reports of problem pick-ups such as unsafe conditions or potential hazardous material.
- Coordinates with Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, and Sales concerning changes in customer service. Coordinates with Maintenance/Shop concerning vehicle repairs.
- Responsible for the timely communication, correction, and follow up of customer service related issues.
- Approves time sheets and completed route sheets for pay calculations. Maintains and reviews logs for DOT hours worked and other required records.
- Maintains adherence to Company policy in regards to operations and safety issues.
- May assist in investigation of accidents, injuries or property damage claims.
- May be required to drive route vehicles in order to cover shortages in staff or missed pick-ups.
Experience and Background
- High School diploma or General Education Degree
- Minimum two years of related Waste, distribution or transportation industry experience
- Experience as a commercial driver, customer service representative or dispatch clerk is preferred
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred.
- Must meet all regulatory requirements to qualify to operate equipment supervised. OSHA training certificate -- a plus.
- Usual office equipment including calculator, copier, telephone, fax machine and computer.
- Microsoft Office products and Lotus Notes e-mail
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other regulations related to commercial driving and waste collection.
- Company systems applications including Trux.