Advantage's premium, retail storage locations ensure you convenient access to your goods.
Our facilities are new and modern. High quality architectural design, landscaping and lighting reflect our commitment to excellence.
At Advantage, we're committed to helping you. Whether you're trying to get rid of all that space - hogging stuff in your office or garage, or if you're packing up to move, Advantage is here to help.
SELF STORAGE ASSISTANT MANAGER | HOUSTON, TX
The Self-Storage Assistant Manager is an energetic, outgoing self-starter who has excellent sales, marketing and customer service skills. He/she aggressively contributes to profitability by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships and being committed to customer satisfaction. This level manager pays close attention to detail and has general accounting, marketing and basic computer skills.
Employee shall perform all services appropriate to the position and within the duties and responsibilities described below. The Employee shall devote Employee's best efforts and attention to the performance of their duties.
- Employee reports directly to his/ her Facility Manger and Regional Manager.
- Responsible for the sales, marketing, occupancy, and delinquency management of the facility.
- Keeping the facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relation skills as approved by management
- Provides outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems and professionally handling telephone and walk-in inquiries
- Shows, rents and cleans self-storage units as well as actively selling and maintaining supplies of moving and packing materials
- Maintains all required tenant documentation in a neat and orderly manner as directed by management
- Controls delinquencies through telephone contact and letters on a scheduled basis including sending out monthly invoices
- Cleans space(s) as vacated, hallways, and grounds as needed. Cleans office and restrooms daily. Makes regular assessment of the condition of the property and resolves maintenance and cleaning issues.
- Maintains a neat, clean, safe and secure facility including minor maintenance and daily lock checks as well as visual inspection daily
- Report all necessary repairs, present/projected vacancies, accidents, and changes of tenancy to Regional Manager immediately following discovery.
- General management of the office including but not limited to opening and closing the office on time each day, keeping and balancing petty cash, making bank deposits and preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by management
- Hire and train additional staff (under the direction and supervision of the Regional Manager).
- Assist in preparing units for auction, vacate as prescribed by law, and approved by management
- Effectively communicates with management and fellow associates
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Customer service, retail sales, marketing, general office and telephone skills are all requirements for this position. This is not an entry level position; candidates must have experience in the categories listed above.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Prior self-storage experience preferred but not required.
- Good organizational skills and basic accounting practices. Successful record of accomplishment of sales and marketing skills in the self-storage or retail industry. General office functions and experiences required. The applicant must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- HS Diploma and some college preferred
- Competitive Hourly Wage with Generous Bonus Potential