Alacriant Inc. is a manufacturer of stamped and fabricated metal assemblies serving both the commercial and defense industries for the past 17 years. We have three locations in Streetsboro Ohio; Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio; and Sanford, Florida, totaling 175,000 square feet of clean and safe workspace, along with state-of-the-art laser cutting, bending, welding, punching, and stamping equipment. With more than 125 skilled personnel, Alacriant’s goal is to consistently execute outcomes critical to its customers’ success.
As an ISO-certified company with an excellent training program and safety as our top priority, Alacriant employees are part of a team that pays the closest attention to every detail of every product produced and shipped from our facilities. We strive to be the first choice for customers seeking an outcome-driven metal fabrication manufacturer committed to excellence.
ENGINEERING MANAGER | STREETSBORO, OH
The manager of engineering oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product manufacturability, product quality and cost efficiency; ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively and is responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process; leads and directs the work of assigned manufacturing engineers, project engineers and process engineers in the timely launch of new products; utilizes the talents of the manufacturing engineering staff to identify and remedy inefficient manufacturing operations and processes.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Work closely with, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place before starting up vendors/subcontractors.
- Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
- Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Responsible for training vendors/subcontractors on new product launches to meet target date.
- Hire, train, supervise and mentor engineers.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in engineering and/or equivalent experience plus appropriate continuous training.
- 4-10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Management experience
- Experience leading mid to large size manufacturing projects.
- Experience in a metal fabrication environment with laser cutting, press brake, machining and welding process technologies.
- Experience in tool design and modifications.
- A track record of successfully improving manufacturing process and reducing manufacturing costs.