Alacriant Inc. is a manufacturer of stamped and fabricated metal assemblies serving both the commercial and defense industries for the past 17 years. We have three locations in Streetsboro Ohio; Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio; and Sanford, Florida, totaling 175,000 square feet of clean and safe workspace, along with state-of-the-art laser cutting, bending, welding, punching, and stamping equipment. With more than 125 skilled personnel, Alacriant’s goal is to consistently execute outcomes critical to its customers’ success.
As an ISO-certified company with an excellent training program and safety as our top priority, Alacriant employees are part of a team that pays the closest attention to every detail of every product produced and shipped from our facilities. We strive to be the first choice for customers seeking an outcome-driven metal fabrication manufacturer committed to excellence.
QUALITY ENGINEER | STREETSBORO, OH
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial processes, materials and products. Improve safety, quality, delivery, productivity and cost. Continuously improve levels of customer and associate satisfaction while improving efficiency.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material.
- Engages in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Interfaces with procurement, engineering, manufacturing, customer, or vendors to coordinate and resolve quality-related problems.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Leads APQP activities.
- Coordinates and leads PPAP and First Article Inspection submissions.
- Develops customer and final inspection based audits and metrics. Identifies trends and develops action plans.
- Coordinates customer non-conformance responses.
- Leads Kaizen events.
- Strong CAD and CMM proficiency.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong knowledge of GD&T
- Participates in discrepant material evaluation and specification interpretation.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in engineering or related field from a four-year college or university or equivalent related experience and a minimum of five years progressive experience in quality engineering which includes quality system experience, quality audits (layered process, document, etc), statistical problem solving, statistical sampling technique, SQC, SPC and higher-level statistical problem solving (DOE, t Test, f Test, etc.).
- Experience in Materials Science, material specification, tolerance and raw material processing technique. Experience with related materials and processes in a metal fabrication manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and associated tolerances.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T is preferred.
- ISO 9001 quality system experience.
- NADCAP experience preferred but not required.