Alterra Home Loans in one of the fastest growing Mortgage Banks, doing business in over 18 states and counting. Our vision is to become one of the top 5 lenders in the country that just happens to be minority owned. We understand the impact and identity of each of our locations, which is why we design individual business models for each branch. Equipped with a growing suite of in house technology we have all the tools you’ll need to succeed.
At Alterra we encourage a strong culture which is why we believe every Loan Officer is a partner for life, and allow our company and branch managers to make decisions “together.” We strongly believe in finding better ways, paying attention to the little things and owning every step of the way to home ownership.
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, reversing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a loan origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures
- Health insurance, 100% covered by company
- 10 paid holidays off and 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Casual and enthusiastic atmosphere
- Opportunity for vertical growth within organization
- Full technology suite including: LOS, Integrated CRM, Web-based apps and more.