American Barbell is a manufacturing company with extensive experience in providing premium products and services to the fitness and exercise community worldwide. We utilize the best domestic and international manufacturing and sourcing solutions available to bring innovative, creative, and functional exercise equipment to life. Our ground-up solutions, products and services provide a unique customer experience. Everything from flooring, equipment and accessories to training and programming. American Barbell is the only company with the experience and ability to provide a complete, unique, and successful solution for its customers.
The purpose of this role is to be a key contributor on the Purchasing Team in various aspects. The Purchasing Assistant is an opportunity for upward mobility to several different positions within the compan
- Soliciting and evaluating proposals for the requested products and/or materials.
- Coordinating all activities related to procurement of products and equipment beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Evaluating vendor quotes and services and recommends most desirable supplier(s).
- Ordering products to ensure just in time availability.
- Ensuring that the products and/or equipment are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Track down backordered items, expediting orders for our customer service team, and building professional relationships with our key vendors.
- Negotiate and execute returns with vendors and assisting in resolving any receipt discrepancies.
- Assist in cutting emergency POs when needed.
- Work directly with vendors to ensure deliveries are made accurately and on-time as well as working closely with the warehouse and sales team.
Experience & Background
- 3+ years in a purchasing position
- Ability to respond quickly (think "on your feet") - Work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Use a variety of computer programs / systems, at an advanced level, to track results (Word, Excel, Email, Internet, etc.).
- BA Degree in Business, Purchasing, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with vendors
- Ability to anticipate, identify, quantify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Competitive base salary with unlimited commissions
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance