American Marketing Association
At the American Marketing Association (AMA), we’re striving to be the most relevant voice shaping marketing around the world. Our passion and dedication to uncovering the next best practices in marketing, paired with our core values of being curious, courageous, grateful, joyful, customer-centric and stakeholder-sensitive, are the backbone of our motivated and energetic team. Together, we serve a community of more than 445,000 people who work, teach and study in the field of marketing
Account Executive | Chicago, IL
We’re actively seeking an Account Executive to join the Commercial Alliances department in the Alliances division!
- Sells all sponsorship and advertising opportunities on behalf of the AMA, including but not limited to: webcast sponsorships, print advertising, banner ads, newsletter ads, directories, event opportunities, various online opportunities, as well as, new offerings as they are developed
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations of various AMA solutions after analyzing the needs of the prospect or client
- Develops and maintains a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, direct mail, email, and networking
- Sources potential targets and pursues all appropriate sales leads through inbound and outbound calls, face-to-face contact, etc
- Provides clients with performance reports and maintains on-going communication to guarantee high levels of client satisfaction
- Collaborates with Alliance team to resolve customer dissatisfaction in a timely manner
- Maintains detailed records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, proposals, closed sales, and follow-up activities in SalesForce on an ongoing basis
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with all supporting departments
- Completing other special projects as assigned
Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience with two years in a Sales role including a proven track record for strategic, consultative selling with cross-platform experience selling to both agencies and clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the Internet, Outlook Express or similar e-mail program, and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems, and PC desktop systems, as well as SalesForce or similar program.
- The opportunity to be entrepreneurial and creative.
- The ability to directly influence the success of the AMA by managing, creating and leading corporate relationships resulting in revenue growth and new revenue streams for the organization.
- Comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package beginning a base range of $50-$60k with the ability to earn $30k in bonuses.
- Competitive rates for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Work-life balance with summer hours, generous paid holiday schedule, paid volunteer time off and flexible work arrangements.
- Cool work environment with casual dress, social and employee appreciation events, and Fresh Fruit Mondays.
- Gym membership to the Pru Powerhouse.
Have a look at us on Instagram: @ama_marketing
Have a look at us on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-American-Marketing-Association-EI_IE25325.11,41.htm