American Society of Clinical Oncology
Clinical Data Quality and Visualization Specialist
Do you want to use your skills in technology and Big Data to fight cancer? The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has launched, CancerLinQ™, an exciting Big Data platform containing vast amounts of real-world cancer information. This national initiative is already live in 39 states across the US and will aggregate data from the routine care experiences of cancer patients to improve the quality of care and improve health outcomes of all patients with cancer. The project has been recognized by Vice President Joe Biden’s Moonshot to cure cancer initiative. We are looking for a talented Clinical Data Visualization Specialist to join us in our fight against cancer using big data technologies.
ASCO is a professional oncology society headquartered directly outside of Washington D.C. in Alexandria, Virginia with over 40,000 members worldwide committed to conquering cancer through research, education, prevention and delivery of high quality patient care. Working as a part of CancerLinQ also offers a unique opportunity for innovation in the growing world of health IT while being supported by ASCO, one of the most established organizations in health that is led by the world’s most trusted experts in the oncology.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Clinical Data Visualization Specialist who enjoys tackling new challenges to work on a groundbreaking platform.
- Design and implement robust data visualizations that improve current oncology data and help data driven decision-making.
- Help define business requirements for reports and information technology tools.
- Perform data querying, data manipulation and data munging analyses to prepare data for visualization.
- Leverage technical resources with the objective to standardize and enhance and align data utility to address programmatic objectives.
- Perform a variety of established technical activities including basic SQL queries, related research activities, and assessing the performance of technology systems
- Assist with the data maintenance, information extraction of a large-scale data warehouse
- Translate for broad comprehension abstract technical design and implementation concepts
- Assist in the analysis, acquisition, and loading of new or complementary data sources as needed
- Design and implement robust data quality analyses using a variety of technologies including SQL queries, business intelligence tools and general research capabilities.
Experience & Background
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology and/or clinical informatics, Masters preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience data analysis
- Experience with data visualization in Tableau is required
- Experience data manipulation using SQL is required
- Demonstrated ability to adopt and master new technology platforms
- Experience maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications
- Enjoys and excels in working in multidisciplinary, team-based settings
- Experience with one or more programming languages, particularly languages used in automation of data management or data analysis pipelines.
- Fluent in preparing data data visualizations powered by Tableau
- Experience with SQL querying, basic statistic analysis
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for compelling data visualizations and good UI design
- Experience with oncology/health/clinical data
- Excellent benefits package.
- Subsidized parking or Metro benefits.
- Opportunities to participate in professional development programs.
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)