American Society of Clinical Oncology
Do you want to use your skills in technology and Big Data to fight cancer? The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has launched, CancerLinQ™, an exciting Big Data platform containing vast amounts of real-world cancer information. This national initiative is already live in 39 states across the US and will aggregate data from the routine care experiences of cancer patients to improve the quality of care and improve health outcomes of all patients with cancer. The project has been recognized by Vice President Joe Biden’s Moonshot to cure cancer initiative. We are looking for a talented Curation Manager to join us in our fight against cancer using big data technologies.
ASCO is a professional oncology society headquartered directly outside of Washington D.C. in Alexandria, Virginia with over 40,000 members worldwide committed to conquering cancer through research, education, prevention and delivery of high quality patient care.
Working as a part of CancerLinQ also offers a unique opportunity for innovation in the growing world of health IT while being supported by ASCO, one of the most established organizations in health that is led by the world’s most trusted experts in the oncology. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Curation Manager who enjoys tackling new challenges to work on a groundbreaking platform.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and provide managerial support and direction to in-house and external contract curation staff
- Serve as the Informatics Team point of contact with curation vendor partners
- Manage a team of senior subject matter experts that support the larger curation staff
- Collaborate with NLP data science staff to assess and monitor the validity and fidelity of data curated by vendor partners
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on all aspects of data curation activities within the CancerLinQ Informatics Team
- Work with project leadership to design, test, and deploy data curation initiatives
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and adherence to policies, SOPs, and Data Management Plans (DMPs)
- Master’s degree in a scientific field with additional training or experience in medicine/oncology.
- Knowledge of biomedical metadata and terminology, in particular, standards used to code medical data such as ICD, SNOMED-CT, LOINC, RxNorm, etc.
- 5-10 years of experience curating or abstracting oncology and/or other medical data or managing teams that curate oncology or other medical data
- Familiarity with all aspects of how cancer is treated, from diagnosis to recovery, and fluency in cancer terminology
- A high comfort level with technology and familiarity with EMR systems, including the ability to recommend system improvements and interact with engineering staff
- Experience managing and mentoring groups of 20 – 100 highly skilled staff members
- Excellent benefits package.
- Subsidized parking or Metro benefits.
- Opportunities to participate in professional development programs.
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)