American Society of Clinical Oncology
Data Quality Analyst
Do you want to use your skills in technology and Big Data to fight cancer? The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has launched, CancerLinQ™, an exciting Big Data platform containing vast amounts of real-world cancer information. This national initiative is already live in 39 states across the US and will aggregate data from the routine care experiences of cancer patients to improve the quality of care and improve health outcomes of all patients with cancer. The project has been recognized by Vice President Joe Biden’s Moonshot to cure cancer initiative. We are looking for a talented Data Quality Analyst to join us in our fight against cancer using big data technologies.
ASCO is a professional oncology society headquartered directly outside of Washington D.C. in Alexandria, Virginia with over 40,000 members worldwide committed to conquering cancer through research, education, prevention and delivery of high quality patient care. Working as a part of CancerLinQ also offers a unique opportunity for innovation in the growing world of health IT while being supported by ASCO, one of the most established organizations in health that is led by the world’s most trusted experts in the oncology.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Data Quality Analyst who enjoys tackling new challenges to work on a groundbreaking platform.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of a structure to monitor and report on data quality
- Build and maintain systems which report on established data quality metrics which can be
- expressed in appropriate clinical and program management contexts and can be integrated into reports and other UIs communicating these findings
- Provide the methodological expertise necessary to perform analytics within clinical data
- repositories addressing data quality issues
- Translate for general audiences abstract data quality technical and implementation concepts
- Help define development specifications for reports and UIs
- Perform a variety of established technical activities including basic SQL queries and related research or data interrogation activities
- Work with project leaderhisp and sponsors to design, test, and deploy new system functionality
Experience & Background
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, electrical engineering, or healthcare informatics
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience in IT
- Experience data mining and warehousing
- Experience with reporting platforms such as Tableau
- Demonstrated ability to adopt and master new technology platforms
- Experience maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications
- Enjoys and excels in working in multidisciplinary, team-based settings
- Experience with managing data in clinical registries
- Experience with two or more of the following: SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MatLab, SAS, SSIS, ETL, EPIC, HL7, or RIM
- Prior experience or strong knowledge of health IT
- Excellent benefits package.
- Subsidized parking or Metro benefits.
- Opportunities to participate in professional development programs.
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)