American Society of Clinical Oncology
Do you want to use your skills in technology and Big Data to fight cancer? The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has launched, CancerLinQ™, an exciting Big Data platform containing vast amounts of real-world cancer information. This national initiative is already live in 39 states across the US and will aggregate data from the routine care experiences of cancer patients to improve the quality of care and improve health outcomes of all patients with cancer. The project has been recognized by Vice President Joe Biden’s Moonshot to cure cancer initiative. We are looking for a talented Informatics Lead to join us in our fight against cancer using big data technologies.
ASCO is a professional oncology society headquartered directly outside of Washington D.C. in Alexandria, Virginia with over 40,000 members worldwide committed to conquering cancer through research, education, prevention and delivery of high quality patient care. Working as a part of CancerLinQ also offers a unique opportunity for innovation in the growing world of health IT while being supported by ASCO, one of the most established organizations in health that is led by the world’s most trusted experts in the oncology.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Informatics Lead who enjoys tackling new challenges to work on a groundbreaking platform.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and expansion of a research-grade oncology data asset to promote health services and health economics and outcomes research
- Contribute expertise in medical informatics to support the utilization of CancerLinQ Discovery in the research and life-sciences settings
- Lead the definition, development and implementation of disease-specific and therapeutic-area specific data assets
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the CancerLinQ Informatics and CancerLinQ Commercial Teams to align Discovery data assets with business strategies
- Provide expertise necessary to manage, analyze, and interpret related information and data in appropriate clinical contexts
- Define and translate for clinical and research audiences abstract technical implementation and design concepts, business requirements for reporting, and information technology tools
- Work with project sponsors and external vendors to design, test, and deploy new system functionality; perform a variety of established technical activities with minimal guidance including SQL queries, related research activities, and assessing the performance and development of technology solutions
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and adherence to policies, SOPs, and Data Management Plans (DMPs) relating to data acquisition, use, and security
- Master’s or PhD degree preferred in a healthcare data analysis or research setting
- 10-15 years’ experience in informatics
- Experience with oncology data
- Experience with ETL processes and data quality analysis
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R)
- Ambulatory EMR experience specifically oncology EMR vendors preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminologies (e.g. LOINC, SNOMED, UMLS, etc.)
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent benefits package.
- Subsidized parking or Metro benefits.
- Opportunities to participate in professional development programs.
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)