Our services cover all your pharmaceutical needs, from filling routine prescriptions to sourcing hard-to-find medications and supplies at a moment's notice. We look after a variety of organizations, providing customers the highest level of convenience, service and trust. With more than 30 years of combined experience, we know the pharmacy business inside and out, with unparalleled expertise and capabilities. Our Specialty Pharmacy Division is dedicated to providing complex medications for patients with complex illnesses and needs. Our vision is to combine innovation with a caring, personalized approach to help our patients manage their conditions more effectively. Patient care is at the core of everything we do.
Pharmacy Technician | Orange, CA | 40K
Performs order entry tasks and the related activities in support of the medication dispensing process.
- Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription
- Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process orders based on the priority assigned
- Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling.
- Provide dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags.
- Courteously assists all internal and external customers
- Consult with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns.
- Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Assist with pharmacy workflow as needed
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Experience and Background
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Licensed/registered pharmacy technician
- At least 3 years of pharmacy technician/order entry experience
- QS1 / Docutrack experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numeral), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology
- Ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls.