Ametek Controls Southeast
AMETEK is a global leader in electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of $4.0B. We have approximately 15,000 colleagues at over 120 manufacturing locations with 100 sales and service locations in more than 30 other countries. AMETEK has a track record of exceptional financial and market success, and our vision is to double the size and profitability of the company within the next five years.
Designer | Pineville, NC
The Ametek Desginer will create custom designs as well as designs from pre-existing details, review simple designs, and coordinate work with technicians primarily for Plant Direct (<$500K) projects.
- Perform detailed design of mechanical components and systems including: piping, vessels, heating components, specialty components, mechanical devices, and others
- Optimize designs based on considerations for code compliance, cost, manufacturing, operability, safety, robustness, and others
- Produce professional and clear drawings to be used to manufacture and install/commission the components
- Coordinate with project managers, shop supervisors, other designers, and design technicians to assure smooth project execution
- Check work performed by others for accuracy and optimization
- Perform occasional field surveys and measure existing equipment
Experience and Background
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent from four-year college
- Associate Degree or equivalent in drafting, engineering, or similar field 2+ years’ experience in a related field
- 6+ years’ experience in a design-intensive role
- High proficiency in at least one 3D modeling software package (Solid Works, Inventor, etc.) and at least one 2D drawing software package (AutoCAD)
- Medium proficiency with standard office software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand drawings of various types including piping isometrics, pressure vessel fabrication drawings, and machine design drawings
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and other employees
- Ability to perform complex geometry calculations including areas, arc lengths, trigonometry, and others
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.