Ametek Controls Southeast
Outside Sales Engineer
AMETEK is a global leader in electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of $4.0B. We have approximately 15,000 colleagues at over 120 manufacturing locations with 100 sales and service locations in more than 30 other countries. AMETEK has a track record of exceptional financial and market success, and our vision is to double the size and profitability of the company within the next five years.
Outside Sales Engineer | Pineville, NC
The Outside Sales Engineer will support Controls Southeast (CSI) which is part of the Thermal Process Management business unit in the Process & Analytical Instrumentation (P&AI) division.
The Outside Sales Engineer is responsible for discovering and securing new project opportunities from clients within a given geographical territory and/or specific assignments. The Outside Sales Engineer must work to strengthen relationships with existing clients as well as seek and develop relationships with new clients. Client engagements will typically be via phone, onsite face-to-face meetings, technical group presentations, and facility operational audits. The individual works closely with the estimating team to establish proposal strategy and prepare for smooth project execution upon award. The Outside Sales Engineer must effectively track and update sales forecast accordingly. Specific duties are listed below
- Ability to travel at least 50% (typically every other week for one week).
- Schedule meetings and optimize travel plans based on client engagement and sales potential priority.
- Reach out to prospective clients to understand new opportunity potential.
- Follow up with existing clients to check on existing system performance and discover new project opportunities.
- Educate engineering firms about CSI’s technologies and collaborate on specifying the proper CSI solution technologies in client project specification documents.
- Prepare and execute presentations to large groups of engineering and plant personnel detailing CSI’s technologies.
- Consult with client to clarify needs regarding scope of work, project schedule, and project specifications.
- Collaborate internally with technical services, estimating, project engineering, and production departments to ensure appropriate proposal strategy and successful execution of a project upon award.
- Update all clients on product modifications and enhancements.
- Attend and effectively represent CSI at conferences and/or trade shows as assigned.
- Maintain sales forecast via judicious management of sales tracking and client management software.
- Generate and maintain expense reports for travel-related costs.
- Meet/Exceed quarterly and annual booking goals.
- Assist with identification, training, and management of local ‘in-territory’ sales representatives.
Experience & Background
- Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in industrial/manufacturing environments preferred but not required.
- Strong with writing and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in business situations.
- Maintain client-centered focus.
- Effective with asking open-ended discovery questions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and client management software