Senior Software Test Engineer (QA)
Analytics 4 Life (A4L) Inc is an innovative medical device company that is developing technologies for machine learning as well as diagnostics software and instrumentation products related to cardiac performance for use in physician and home settings. The company is developing and manufacturing products for commercialization in the United States, Canada, and Europe. A4L has offices in Toronto, ON Canada and in Morrisville, NC United States.
SENIOR SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER (QA) TORONTO, ON
A4L Inc. is actively looking for a Software QA Test Engineer with a willingness to learn, be versatile and adaptability to support software medical device product development activities. This individual would work independently and in collaboration with A4L’s product development team to perform and manage tasks related to software verification and validation testing, risk management activities, software quality support for operations, and compliance-related activities, as appropriate. Initial product development efforts are focused on medical device products for detecting the presence of coronary artery disease and assessing cardiac function.
- Define test strategies, test cases/suites, and author clear and concise quality engineering documentation
- Configure / Build Test Automation tools with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles
- Design and execute tests using automated test tools, as well as manual test development process, for the verification of software requirements.
- Function as a strong advocate for quality in the software engineering lifecycle activities and processes (Agile and Waterfall)
- Provide technical leadership of functional and integration quality-assurance testing for features delivered within firmware (embedded C), cloud (MATLAB/Python) and on iOS devices (Objective C) ,WebGL and NoteJS Framework, SQL Database
- Provide technical guidance to external partnerships
- Ability to identify software risks and suggest mitigations by either hardware and/or software modifications. This includes conducting risk analyses and tracking all findings (FMEA, FTA).
- Provide project managers with timely and accurate QA status during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
- Ability to work independently to test, analyze, and solve technical problems.
- Ability to take the high-level requirements and independently complete test development per the defined processes.
- Read, analyze, understand product requirements; support requirements reviews.
- Work closely with developers to understand the specifics of the Application, Mobile device & operating platform on which the Application would run and due considerations.
- Experience with embedded or application software development.
- Establish and maintain traceability from software requirements to verification test design and implementation.
- Assist development team on debugging and solving issues discovered during test.
- Ability to work on cross-functional project teams comprised of Software, Quality, Mechanical, Electrical and System engineers.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or related technical discipline required with 5+ years of professional experience; or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or Science Discipline + 3 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated professional experience working in design/test for regulated medical devices (US, Canada, EU) and have a thorough understanding of IEC 62304, ISO 14971, and ISO 13485
- Demonstrated professional experience as a software test engineer working with the software engineering life-cycle, including knowledge of the software development process for medical devices including Software Verification and Validation
- Experience with the following: requirements management, defect tracking systems, automation tool suites, software version control tools, and cloud-based software deployment
- Individual should have strong organizational skills, as well as written and verbal communication.