Sales Development Representative
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
We are seeking a creative, passionate, and experienced Sales Development Representative to find opportunities for our fellows to work with the best software companies, from startup to enterprise level.
Your strong drive to make the world more equitable fuels your commitment and follow-through in everything you do. Your ingenuity helps you identify the entrepreneurial opportunities others might miss. You’re persistent in the face of adversity, and you’re ready to implement your experience finding leads for B:B enterprise technology companies to create social impact.
With the youngest population in the world, Africa is the world’s greatest untapped source of spectacular talent. The four-year Andela fellowship is the core mechanism by which we transform Andela fellows into passionate change agents able to drive current and future tech-enabled growth in Africa and around the world. Guiding and molding these elite young people to achieve their maximum potential is an essential aspect of both individual and organizational success.
In this job you will:
- Connect with tech executives at the nation's leading companies who are seeking engineering talent
- Set up Partnership Sales Executives to meet with decision-makers from tech companies
- Systematically build and nurture a pipeline of new placements for our fellows
- Fearlessly reach out to prospects on the phone and email
- Take a consultative approach to investigating clients’ needs and uncovering new opportunities
- Communicate and coordinate internationally with clients stakeholders, fellows in Africa, and the growing team in NYC
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 1-4 years of experience sourcing leads to be converted to new partners
- Self-discipline to set sales goals and achieve success on a daily basis
- Ability to research prospective companies
- Experience speaking with technology executives
- Passion for our mission
- Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela.
- Start-up and tech sales experience is a plus
- Work on a dynamic, growing team
- Join at the start of an exciting venture
- Full benefits and competitive salary commensurate with experience