Antenna International is the world leader in handheld audio and multimedia visitor experience for institutions in the cultural sector. With over 30 years of experience, and offices all over the world, we are the partner of choice for more than 350 of the World’s most famous, fascinating and frequented locations. Technology, innovation and all things digital are at the very heart of what we do, and we passionately believe that what we provide opens up the worlds of art, history and culture to people all over the world. Antenna has been at the forefront of the development and innovation in mobile interpretation since the days of the cassette player, enabling people to see more clearly, understand more deeply and appreciate more widely on a variety of platforms and in multiple languages. Our brand is our people. We tell stories, we provide understanding, we reveal meaning, we bring to life, we educate, we entertain, we inspire, and we connect - always with the ultimate goal of crafting authentic, meaningful and inspirational experiences.
The New Sales & Client Acquisition Manager position is knowledgeable in Business to Business (B2B) selling, and uses training and expertise in the cultural industry or a similar industry to develop new customers in the Midsize Target Customer market segments. A successful candidate for this role has prior experience as individual sales contributors working in B2B sales, and who has demonstrated their skills and experience in developing and managing new customer relationships and sales. The focus of the position is on developing new customers to identify new opportunities for Antenna products and services.
The incumbent would be based in the East Coast Region – NYC area.
- Call on Arts & Culture institutions, Historic venues, Religious sites, and other venues to facilitate the sales of tour packages, tour equipment, content, consulting and other related products and services.
- Provide sales support and account management to new Antenna customers during the initial roll out of their initial purchase until the account has been successfully transitioned to an Antenna Account Manager.
- Input information regarding sales activities and sales pipeline in Antenna’s Salesforce.com system to ensure accountability and management awareness.
- Work with Antenna Marketing, Digital Media, Finance, Operations, and other departments to transact business with new customers.
- Conduct sales prospecting and lead management activities within assigned Territory to identify and qualify new business opportunities.
- Utilize the Company’s sales process, sales methodology and CRM tools to conduct daily business activities.
- Produce sales pipeline reports and perform sales forecasting for assigned Territory to achieve annual revenue quota.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of B2B sales experience as an individual contributor required.
- Cultural industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of museums and cultural institutions including Educational solutions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior demonstrated experience as an individual contributor on one or more B2B sales team(s). Track record of consistently selling $2+ million annual revenue.
- Knowledge of CRM (especially Salesforce.com) as an individual contributor.
- Formal sales training from a professional sales training organization.
- Prior experience and exposure to B2B sales models in industries focused on medium to large business customers, such as Public Sector, travel/hospitality, or telecommunications. Cultural industry experience helpful but not required.
- Experience with sales of products and services requiring long sales cycles, RFP’s, and extensive contract negotiations preferred.
- Experience with marketing lead generation programs, business promotions, and marketing initiatives used with typical sales efforts.
- Has experience inputting customer and sales pipeline information into a CRM system (especially Salesforce.com), and can produce a sales pipeline report.
- Previous “hunting” experience indicating familiarity with sales prospecting methods and tools, including cold calling scripts, presentations, and other methods and tools. Demonstrated capture of three to five new accounts per year.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentational skills.
- Must have excellent word, PowerPoint and excel skills. Must be fluent in Salesforce.com or a similar CRM based solution.
- Familiarity with social media tools, such as Facebook, Twitter and online direct marketing a plus.
Travel Requirements: Remote employee must be able to travel domestically up to 50% of the time.
Working At Atenna
We strive to ensure full time employees have access to great health care benefits and time off. We understand the importance of having a balanced life! We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, referral bonuses and paid time off. Full time employees can participate in any or all of the Antenna benefit programs! All full time employees receive life, accidental death/dismemberment and disability coverage at no cost!