Apex has been one of the strongest brands in financial services for the transportation industry since 1995, primarily because we’re really good at freight factoring. We manage our clients’ accounts receivable, credit lines, debtor relationships, and financial transactions by leveraging our relationships and technical know-how.
Why Work for Apex?
Apex has been voted one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in Texas since 2009 because we’re committed to employee empowerment, team building, and a good work/life balance. We do our best to make sure that all Apexers have the tools, knowledge, and support they need to enjoy a rewarding career with us. Comfortably nestled just off I-30 and 10 minutes west of downtown Fort Worth, we offer a long list of benefits that make us a premier work location.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation plans augmented by generous profit sharing and regular salary reviews.
- A high quality health care plan with a short waiting period.
- Dental, vision, life, short term disability and long term disability coverage.
- 401(k) plan with Apex matched contributions.
- Tuition reimbursement for college, plus plenty of Apex managed training classes.
- 360⁰ feedback, leadership training, and a culture that empowers individuality.
- On-site fitness facilities and a reward driven wellness program.
- Fun, friendly work environment. We celebrate our accomplishments (and birthdays).
Win or Lose as a Team
All Apexers are encouraged to collaborate in an effort to continuously improve our processes and customer service. Everyone on the team is responsible for presenting new ideas and perspectives. In addition to base salary, all employees enjoy quarterly profit sharing as a thank you for their contributions.
This is an administrative role that applies various clerical and accounting principles to validate the freight bills our clients send in. Apex is continually working to streamline processes and remove obstacles so that it’s easy for our auditors to do their jobs quickly and correctly.
Our best auditors are compliance buffs who can sort through a stack of invoices and pick out errors with ease. 10-key and alphanumeric data entry are like second languages to them, and their work is reliably accurate to nearly 100%. They regularly use the skills based training and cross-training that Apex provides to ensure that our clients are getting the top notch service they expect when they do business with us. If you’re a bookkeeper, auditor, or administrative assistant who’s been making a mental checklist of all the grammar errors in this job posting then there’s a good chance we want you on our team!
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 at $12.50 per hour.
- Audit and enter invoices into proprietary system while maintaining goals for invoice processing and quality standards.
- Communicate potential problems or pertinent information to appropriate internal parties. Collaborate with team members and other Client Accounting peers, as needed.
- Deliver invoices to Auditing Services to be scanned and mailed.
- Assist with prepping and logging incoming invoices and invoice revisions, as needed.
- Answer Reception overflow phone calls and assist client or transfer to the appropriate party.
- Participate in general administrative duties, such as filing, recycling, and helping other functions, as needed.
- Maintain regular attendance during established work schedule to fulfill other essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for the performance of data entry, invoice auditing, and all associated clerical duties involving the processing of clients’ accounts receivables.
- Ensure that invoices are processed timely and accurately in order to meet client funding needs.
- Some time is also spent answering questions and resolving issues for clients or other departments.
Experience & Background
- Must have the ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels within the organization.
- Must possess problem-solving, computer, and oral and written communication skills, as well as a high level of initiative.
- Must have the ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- Must exhibit ownership of problems and display personal accountability for actions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- One year of clerical experience in an office environment reflecting a stable work history and good attendance record is preferred.
- Proficiency with data entry and 10-key, required.
- Office setting and have a high school diploma
- High level of initiative, problem solving skills, and personal accountability.