Urget Care Physician
Argent Technologies, LLC is a service connected, disabled, veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) providing staffing and management services across a broad range of industries worldwide. These industries include Medical, Technical, Engineering and Operational. We are currently seeking Physicians and Allied Healthcare Personnel to provide services at Military Treatment Facilities throughout the United States and oversees. Positions include: Flight Medicine, Family Practice, Occupational Medicine and Internal Medicine Physicians.
The Primary Care Physician shall provide services at Reynolds Army Health Clinic (RAHC), Fort Sill, OK in accordance with established principles, practice and ethics of the Joint Commission (JC). *NOTE: Primary Care HCP(s) is any combination of: Family Practice Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, and/or Emergency Medicine Physician.
- Urgent Care Clinic staff will treat minor illnesses (sore throat, upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, and rashes) and minor injuries (sprains, strains, lacerations, and fracture care). Procedures for advanced injuries include fracture care, intravenous fluid therapy, repetitive dose aerosol breathing treatment, advanced diagnostics including computed tomography scans for evaluation of head injury, kidney stones and abdominal injuries.
- Contract HCP(s) shall have sufficient experience to be able to perform tasks and medical procedures which may include, but are not limited to, the following: Incision and drainage Cultures (throat, wound) Nail trephination Secure and maintain an adequate airway Sling or swath injuries Remove foreign bodies, as appropriate Suture simple laceration Clearing of ears by flush technique Suture removal Cryotherapy Nebulizer treatment Urine catheterization Venipuncture Bandaging of sprains, minor burns, and minor lacerations Perform venous punctures for lab studies and interpret results Administer intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications, as appropriate Splint and stabilize traumatic injuries to extremities Complete all required paperwork Obtain adequate history, physical assessment, and develop a plan in a timely and appropriate manner on each patient and develop a treatment plan Utilize paraprofessional staff, as appropriate Respond to cardiopulmonary arrest, as appropriate
- Contract HCP(s) shall have sufficient experience to be able to adequately diagnose and treat diseases andinjuries to include, but not limited to, the following: Upper and Lower Respiratory Infections Ear, Eye, Nasal, and Lung Infections Skin Disorders and Infections Minor Heart Disorders Minor Allergic Reactions Simple Hay Fever Asthma Eczema
- Must become familiar with the MTF formulary and prescribe pharmaceuticals according to the availability of drugs listed therein.
- Ensure that the highest standards of professional practice and ethics are maintained; that established operating policies are adhered to; and that medical records are properly safeguarded and maintained.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to her/her assigned cases and/or performance of contract services as determined by the Chief, Primary Care (PC).
- Prepare and maintain proper medical records IAW AR 40-66, Medical Records and Quality Assurance Administration. All records generated in the performance of this contract remain the property of the government.
- Providers shall participate in the quality control activities of the department.
- At the discretion of the MTF, the HCP shall spend one hour, once a quarter, reviewing a percentage of another provider’s charts. The Chief, PC will randomly pull the charts and assign them to the contract physician for review and provide the provider with a checklist for each chart. The checklist will contain such areas as legibility, documentation, results of labs, x-rays, etc. The HCP shall return the checklist to the Chief, PC citing any deficiencies found. The Chief, PC will recommend any corrective action(s) deemed necessary.
Experience & Background
- Must possess and maintain a current unrestricted license to practice in any state or territory of the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia.
- The HCP shall not, within 5 years prior to employment: Have had his/her clinical privileges limited, suspended, or revoked by any healthcare facility, public or private, anywhere in the world.
- Shall have a minimum of one year experience within the last three years working as a Family Practice, Internal Medicine, orEmergency Medicine physician or have just graduated from one of the noted acceptable residency programs:
- The Family Practice HCP(s) must have successfully completed an accredited residency in a Family Medicine training program.
- The Internal Medicine HCP(s) must have successfully completed an accredited residency in an Internal Medicine training program.
- The Emergency Medicine HCP(s) must have successfully completed an accredited residency in an Emergency Medicine training program.
- Shall hold a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree from an accredited college approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the AMA or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
- Shall be board eligible or board certified in their respective training.
- Shall possess and maintain all current regulatory requirements for certification and/or licenses to practice medicine
- Possess and maintain current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Registration Certificate in accordance with the laws of the state where the services are being provided.
- Shall have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Shall be required to meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements.
- Position requires access to Department of Defense computer systems, therefore provider shall be a U.S. Citizen or otherwise meet the requirements of AR 25-2. 2.
- Must complete favorable credentialing
- Must complete favorable background check