Concrete Truck Driver
Argos USA is a high-quality cement and ready-mixed concrete company serving the Southeastern United States. A proud history of innovative products, unparalleled expertise and exceptional customer service has made us an integral partner to our customers in residential, commercial, infrastructure and other public works applications.
CONCRETE DRIVER | CHARLESTON, SC
This position is responsible for the delivery of ready-mixed concrete and other associated products to construction job sites within a reasonable proximity due to the perishability of ready-mixed concrete. The daily work schedule may consist of five, up to 10+ hour days, with overtime on both a voluntary or mandatory basis for work week as well as on Saturdays, depending upon business level requirements.
- Pre-trip inspection of truck pursuant to D.O.T. regulations includes: checking fluid levels, tire pressure, and other driver operation controls
- Maintains water tank before each delivery and verifies all valves are operating correctly
- Receives delivery ticket and fills truck (based on configuration) with concrete and any ancillary products requested
- Safely drives truck and ensures timely delivery by using most direct route
- Safely position truck to avoid any of customers’ property and/or equipment
- Complete discharge of load and wash chutes/truck/etc and returns to original location on truck
- Completes paperwork with customer (receives signatures/monies owed/etc)
- Communicates via 2-way radio with dispatch regarding all loads/deliveries
- Complete post-trip inspection of truck after each delivery
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (minimum) or equivalent
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Department of Transportation Certified Commercial Drivers License / Class B minimum.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Candidates must be a minumum of 23 years old
- Competive hourly rate + safety and load bonuses weekly!
- Excellent benefit package & 401k beginning on 61st day of employment.
- Family oriented work environment