Aristeo offers a complete range of services including general contracting, design/build, construction management, steel fabrication and erection, equipment installation, and self perform services, allowing you to work with one firm for a smooth, easy project process you can be confident in. We have provided these services for over 40 years, building strong relationships with clients in the automotive, commercial, industrial and energy markets. Our collaborative approach adds value for customers and business partners, reduces costs, tightens schedules, and provides safe work sites. It transforms contractual relationships into a cohesive project team with a single set of goals and established procedures for resolving issues before they become disputes. We take pride at delivering top quality projects. This means that everyone on our team, from top to bottom, gives the project their full attention it deserves. When you choose Aristeo, you choose a well-established Michigan contractor with a time-honored tradition of superior quality and commitment.
ESTIMATOR | LIVONIA, MI
The Estimator is responsible for performing takeoffs, contacting subcontractors and suppliers, and assembling accurate and competitive estimates. The Estimator reports to the Chief Estimator and is responsible for the mentoring of Project Engineers and Interns as assigned.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete accurate takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials.
- Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and ethical practices with owners, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Track and assist operations with awarded contracts and projects as required – may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
- Work with Proposal Coordinator to develop complete professional proposals including all required information (schedules, project approach, organizational charts etc.)
- Work with Business Development department to develop complete conceptual proposals
- Assist in maintaining existing estimating productivity database
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to prepare proposals with minimum supervision, knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel comprehension
- Ability to use on screen takeoff and MC2 type estimating systems
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines and cost control systems.
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience