Asana provides a world-class application that makes it easier for teams to track their work with greater clarity, accountability, and efficiency. Asana is one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, the top work-tracking vendor on Forbes's inaugural Cloud 100 list, and the only enterprise software application to win Google's 2016 Material Design Award. Our mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly, and we built Asana to improve the productivity of teams and increase the potential output of every team’s effort.
Web Developer Lead | San Francisco, CA
As our Lead Web Developer, you will collaborate closely with our marketing and engineering teams. You’ll shepherd the growth of our web dev team through continuous learning, pair programming, code reviews, and effective costing, all towards building an efficient, healthy team. We’re looking for someone who will have a huge impact on Asana’s long term success, and expand their technical and management skills while doing so.
- Working closely with many teams, primarily Marketing
- Managing a growing team of web developers working on external facing projects.
- Costing work and maximizing team efficiency
- Acting as an advocate for testing and infrastructure investment for our web properties
- Developing growth and mentorship programs unique to members of the team
Experience and Background
- 2+ years experience in a leadership or team lead role
- Alignment with our Asana company values
- Passion for nurturing talented web developers and helping a team create and maintain beautiful, functional websites
- Proactivity organizing, documenting, and communicating effectively with stakeholders
- An eye for scalability when approaching all projects
- Preference for simple, sturdy solutions over novel or complex ones, strong opinions about when to build custom solutions and when to utilize third-party tools, and an ability to estimate long-term value of work and prioritize against marketing goals
- 5+ years experience in web development (HTTP, AJAX, REST, JSON)
- Experience coding web pages, HTML emails, and more, balancing competing priorities such as SEO and meta tags, content editing, responsive layouts, file and image optimization, analytics & A/B testing, and UX
- Strong design sense
- Deft ability to identify when to be scrappy and when to be scalable
- Expertise developing, monitoring, and maintaining high performance, high traffic websites - including caching/CDN usage, page load optimization, cross-browser compatibility, and progressive rendering
- Experience with marketing tools including Google Analytics, Optimizely, and Google Tag Manager
- Interest or experience in development tooling and scripting (Python)