Assisted Transportation operates a fleet of minivans, full-sized vans and shuttle buses to provide transportation solutions for local school districts. Our passengers include students with special needs, students covered under the McKinney-Vento Act, students living out of district and hard to serve trips. Assisted Transportation is seeking Drivers for its Student Transportation service.
DRIVER | KANSAS CITY, KS
- Most drivers start their day around 6:30 AM and finish around 4:30 PM averaging 10 hours for a straight shift.
- Split shifts, transporting students to and from school only, with a break in the middle of the day are available.
- Drivers may work as many or as few days per week as they prefer.
- Drivers start and end their day at their assigned depot.
- Training begins in July and schedules start in August with school sessions.
- Vehicles are equipped with GPS technology, security cameras and communication devices connecting the driver and dispatcher.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Excellent driving record
- No CDL required
- Must be at least 25 years old
- Pass a DOT physical exam
- Pass a drug screen
- Pass criminal background screen
- “Live like a kid” - snowdays, summers, and holidays off
- Provide a valuable service to the community
- Flexible schedule
- Starting pay rate $12/hr, can qualify for higher rate dependent on experience
- Health insurance provided if over 30 hrs/week annual average
- Company profit sharing plan
- Paid training (including CPR and first aid)
- Weekly pay
- Uniforms provided
- Operate newer equipment (vehicles come with GPS and communication system)