Atlanta Peach Movers Inc.
Dispatch Operations Manager
At Atlanta Peach Movers, our goal is to achieve complete customer satisfaction during your relocation. Atlanta Peach Movers is a premier relocation provider, offering local and long distance moving. Our fleet is comprised of 38 trucks from tractor trailers to vans for deliveries. The Dispatch Operations Manager role will be fulfilled in Altanta, GA and we are prepared to relocate the right candidate!
Dispatch Operations Manager | Atlanta, GA
- Do routine inspections of onsite job quality. This will require visiting multiple sites per day to ensure all of the requirements are being delivered. Including but not limited to: All supervisor paperwork is being done and done correctly; interfacing with the customer for quality issues, proper floor and wall protection is in place, no mis-behavior is occurring on the trucks to and from the job.
- Oversee daily quality of training of new operational employees, follow up training and advanced training. This role is to deliver top of the line quality to ENSURE ALL EMPLOYEES are using one process for moving.
- Working with the operations manager to provide proper training within the operations department from local, interstate, international and military work, including how to handle shipments, paperwork, the computer software systems and customers.
- Spot check the paperwork/software tools from the prior day each morning including all forms and processes provided by the company including but not limited to working closely with internal staff on billing, accounts receivables, claims, customer complaints, warehouse cleanliness, etc. to make sure the supervisors are filling out the paperwork correctly.
- Provide follow up instruction to the supervisors who are not filling out the paperwork based on the travel time sheet to make sure they understand how to do it correctly
- Attend and at times oversee and perform ongoing training with all supervisors, drivers and helpers and maintain ongoing training classes for the Peach Way. As required attending staff meetings Monday mornings, supervisor meetings, driver meetings etc. to provide proper training programs and report to management as to the progress of training and keep management updated on training requirements.
- Enforce all policies related to training. This includes discipline actions for those that adhering to the training guidelines of Atlanta Peach Movers.
- Perform multiple on-site job quality control checks to ensure the jobs are being done correctly.
- Work with management to develop a standard “quality checklist” to evaluate the onsite performance of the crew as to compliance to the guidelines
- Turn in the quality checklist on all jobs inspected to management with recommendations of action steps as needed to correct any issues or processes.
- Take ownership of all training issues and resolve them and report back to all concerned when issues are resolved.
- Maintain a disciplined work environment and hold the employees and contractors accountable to the rules and regulations required by the company related to all training.
- Work with the claims department to understand what type of claims are occurring and help develop training programs to help reduce the common repeated claims. Work with claims to create tracking to show the reduction of the training impact on claims.
Experience and Background
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Very strong attention to details
- Ability to lead by example to create an environment of professionalism
- Knowledge of the moving industry from pricing and job costing
- CDL license and able to obtain a DOT medical card a plus
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand English (bilingual is a plus)
- Possess quick decision making skills and good judgment that reflect the expected professionalism of APM