National Journal is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. The mission is to equip the thousands of government and business leaders in the nation’s capital with the intelligence, insights and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency and deliver success.
Best known as one of Washington’s most trusted media brand for nearly 50 years, our expertise is unmatched with teams of specialists dedicated to government affairs, communications and political research in addition to exceptional journalism. National Journal’s premier products are: National Journal Leadership Council, Hotline, Race Tracker, National Journal Daily, Communications Council, Policy Brands Roundtable, Network Science Initiative and the Presentation Center.
The National Journal Membership focuses on bringing best-practices, tools and leading digital content to the public policy and government affairs space. Launched in 2011 by CEB and Advisory Board founder David Bradley, the membership comprises more than 600 Hill Offices, Corporations, Associations, Advocacy Organizations, Lobbying and Law Firms.
We are looking for politically-aware business development professionals interested in improving how Washington functions by introducing prospective members to the National Journal Membership.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Learn needs of Government Affairs & Advocacy market to identify and pursue best opportunities
- Meet and exceed revenue goals by efficiently acquiring new members
- Guide marketing and product development efforts as voice of the market
- Partner with membership support staff to gather business intelligence and qualify new member opportunities
We are looking for individuals who have:
- A willingness to conduct live sales meetings in Washington DC
- An attraction to our Culture and interest in the evolving digital commerce market
- Ability to build relationships with senior level professionals and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Intellectual curiosity, along with a competitive spirit
- 2+ years of experience identifying and closing new sales opportunities at or above quota
- A Bachelor’s degree
What National Journal offers you:
- On-the-job experience, bi-weekly professional training and leaders who personally invest in staff career development
- Clear career paths and professional development opportunities; we prioritize promoting and hiring from within
- Annual retreat for skill-building, reward and relaxation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, discounted gym memberships, volunteer programs and tuition assistance