Most organizations have one principal requirement for their AV technology: that it free them to do their job. That’s why the best system is one that opens the lines of communication, then gets out of the way. It’s also why AVI designs our systems to be easy to integrate, intuitive to operate, and simple to maintain. This is our definition of Communication Liberation, and its reflected in the incredible diversity of AV solutions that we provide for business, commercial, educational and government clients across America.
The people of AVI not only share in the success of our company. We share a conviction that technology should liberate, not impede. And working together, we provide integrated audiovisual solutions that remove barriers instead of creating them, freeing our customers to seize opportunity – and imagine new possibilities.
Founded in 1974, AVI Systems has 16 offices throughout the Midwest, Central South West and on the West Coast, giving us a regional presence and national reach.
DIGITAL MEDIA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
The Digital Media (DM) Software Developer will work with the AVI team to maintain and support current in-house applications (Scala, Tightrope, Cantemo, Telestream Vantage and others) along with building new interactive applications, produce time estimates and task lists based on requirements. The DM Software Developer will code, debug, and unit test systems per requirements and technical design. Tier III support for helpdesk staff will be provided by assisting with deployed systems.
- Integration and installation of products and services to meet the customer’s application
- Provides selection and review of standard and custom products and services proposed by sales representatives and sales engineers
- Operates as the primary or secondary contact between the Company and the Customer. In that role, the DM Software Developer exercises independent judgment to work with the end user (customer) of the audio-visual system to design a system in accordance with the customer’s specific needs.
- The design engineer researches available hardware and software options; analyzes the capabilities of available hardware and software; and designs an audio-visual system of various hardware and software components which work together as one integrated system, which will best meet the specific customer needs.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have completed a Software Development Program or related field, Python course or combination of “through the ranks” education, continuing education and experience that will provide an adequate knowledge base to succeed in this position.
- Two to four years of industry experience in audio, video, audiovisual and/or presentation systems preferred.
- Computer literacy skills supported by acknowledged certification of Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Communication, customer relation skills, and the ability to work independently with self-direction have direct results on success in this position.
- The ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines along with a strong ability to influence and drive consensus is needed.
- Knowledge of project labor needs and the ability to control costs in the design for both hardware and labor are essential.
- Ability to configure and maintain Apache Tomcat web server.
- AVI Systems, Inc. DM Software Developer
- Experience with Object Oriented and programming languages (examples: .NET languages, Java, Ruby, C (C+, C++, C#) and Visual Studio). Experience with markup languages (examples: HTML5 and XML).