Bay Area Community Resources, Inc.
After School Program Instructor
Bay Area Community Resources (BACR) is a regional 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency headquartered in San Rafael, California that provides a range of services in seven counties around the San Francisco Bay Area. Founded in 1976, BACR’s mission is to promote the healthy development of individuals and families, encourage service and volunteerism, and help build community.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR | GREATER BAY AREA, CA
Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader will provide assistance and tutoring to students in the after school program, and will lead engaging academic, enrichment, and recreation activities with groups of up to 20 students. Program Leaders will provide opportunities for students to develop & strengthen academic, physical, and social skills.
- Provide homework and academic support for program participants
- Facilitate and plan academic skill-building activities based on students' skill level and state educational standards.
- Write lesson plans, use learning targets and instructional strategies
- Promote a safe and positive classroom environment
- Actively supervise and ensure student safety at all times
- Ensure that all school space, equipment use is left clean and orderly
- Speech, behavior, and attire must be appropriate, and professional
- Maintain accurate attendance records and reporting procedures
- Attendance and participation at trainings and staff meetings is a must.
- Comply with all San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required, Associate's degree or higher preferred
- Must have a background in education or childcare
- Have a general knowledge base of core elementary/middle school subjects
- Must be able to work everyday during after school hours and commit to an academic school year (hire date through mid-June)
- Must possess strong classroom and behavioral mangement skills
- Ability to keep detailed records
- Ability to be punctual and reliable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of integrity
- Working with the Bay Area leader in after school programs
- Valuable experience that can help lead to a career in education, working in classroom management with up to 20 students