Bay Area Community Services
Director of Programs
BACS provides behavioral health, housing, and aging services for teens, adults, older adults, and their families. Our programs span the Bay Area and focus on doing ‘whatever it takes’ to help individuals stay out of institutional care and stay connected to their communities.
This position is responsible for administrative and clinical direction of multiple direct-service programs and services at BACS and will oversee all operations including clinical, administrative, fiscal, and quality improvement to promote the highest element of service provision. This position is responsible for successfully implementing new programs and services and adhering to our strategy and growth plan.
This position is for our Solano County division and will be overseeing multiple programs in Vallejo and Fairfield.
- Assures that services are provided in collaboration with all applicable funding streams and regulations.
- Supervises managers including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Maintains responsibility for ensuring that all programs and services have a defined service delivery model and operate within the construct of BACS mission, vision, and values.
- Responsible to insure that all programs focus on consumer-centered services that are needs-driven and strength-based, and are culturally relevant.
- Ensures that there is a flow of participants and referrals into all programs and that discharges are managed in a way that promotes positive outcomes.
- Responsible to assure the maintenance of records and other administrative requirements of all programs. Responsible to ensure compliance with documentation and charting requirements for all funding streams.
- Responsible for Continuous Quality Improvement standards across the agency and work with the teams to implement systems for CQI.
- Responsible to ensure contract compliance with all funders to include grant management, presentations, and reports.
- Establishes a harmonious working relationship with the community and coordinate services with appropriate community based organizations as needed to highlight the value and the purpose of programming.
- Communicates effectively and conscientiously utilizing strength-based language and philosophy throughout all aspects of program management and supervision.
- Participates in the development of new programs and services including grant writing, speeches, presentations, and more.
- Participates in the delivery and attendance at trainings for the purposes of agency, professional, and personal development.
Experience & Background
- ASW/LCSW or MFT-I/MFT with current BBS registration and hours toward licensure completed. ASW/LCSW preferred.
- Five years of progressive administrative, direct service, and leadership skills and experience in the social service field.
- Demonstrated capacity leading diverse and multi-disciplinary teams toward a common goal required.
- Partnering attitude; high integrity/honesty. Promotes accountability for self and others.
- Maintains a customer service and strength-based orientation. Embraces diversity in all aspects.
- Possesses problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Is resilient and demonstrates ability to embrace adversity. Has the ability and eagerness to promote continual learning.
- Strategic thinker and visionary. Possesses external awareness and motivation towards mission and services of agency.
- Is adaptable and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
- Assesses strengths and needs in the supervision of clinical work. Holds an attitude of strength-based, person-centered services.
- This position requires a valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle, and proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and the ability to drive for work. DMV printout required.