Big Data Administrator
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more.
We make this happen in more than 110 countries with over 12.000 creative, committed and experienced people. And it’s how we maintain an industry-leading client-retention rate of 97%, with 2015 sales of US$23.8 billion.
BIG DATA ADMINISTRATOR | ATLANTA, GA
The Big Data Administrator is responsible for support and oversight of the Big Data environment as it relates to our Big Data infrastructure; i.e. Teiid, MapR. This role will be responsible for implementation, ongoing administration, security provisioning and continuous improvement of our Big Data environments. This role will work within our Data Services team and requires strong Big Data knowledge along with other RDMBS platforms. In addition, this role will need to embrace and understand our data governance policies.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Big Data infrastructure
- Aligning with the infrastructure and BI teams to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments
- Working with business owners to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, MapReduce access for the new users
- Assist with enforcement of data governance and security policies
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
- Screen cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files
- File system management and monitoring
- HDFS support and maintenance
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Collaborating with infrastructure, BI and patching teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required
- Point of contact for vendor escalation
- Part of an on-call rotation for production support
- Work with platform partners to create trouble tickets and incorporate fixes from the partners into the environment
- Support automation of deployment, customizations, upgrades and monitoring via DevOps tools
- Administer and maintain JBoss DV and BRMS which are complementary to our Big Data architecture
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Fundamental knowledge of servers and software
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Proven track record in incorporating latest operational tools into Big Data platforms
- Strong knowledge of configuration management processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure and considerations for scalable , distributed systems
- Vendor relationship building and engagement to foster working relationships
- Virtualization expertise
- Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments
- Mentoring other members on Big Data technologies
- Familiarity with JBoss Data Virtualization (Teiid)
- Familiarity with JBoss BRMS (Drools)
- 2+ years of Hadoop-related architecture experience
- Experience architecting, building, and administering large-scale distributed applications.
- 5+ year of Linux administration, support, best practices and troubleshooting
- Hadoop Ecosystem knowledge (HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Hive).
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and BI concepts including ETL/ELT Data Pipelines.
- Detailed knowledge of RDBMS data modeling and SQL
- MapR experience