BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more.
We make this happen in more than 110 countries with over 12.000 creative, committed and experienced people. And it’s how we maintain an industry-leading client-retention rate of 97%, with 2015 sales of US$23.8 billion.
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER | ATLANTA, GA
This position will represent the Enterprise ICT Organization in network and security infrastructure services. This individual will function in a capacity to implement and maintain network security infrastructures and compliance initiatives. This position requires knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures relative to maintaining and implementing network and security infrastructures.
Be knowledgeable and up to date on current technologies, best practices, and BCD Travel technology and security policies and procedures:
- Implement and maintain security infrastructures (IDS/IPS, Firewall, VPN, Security Compliance).
- Working knowledge / experience with technologies: Cisco ASA (Firewall/VPN), IDS/IPS- Sourcefire, Firesight IDS/Firepower, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, ACS.
- Design and implement routing and security infrastructures. Monitor performance of all supported systems
- Monitor performance of all supported systems. Request training for job functions or technologies they do not understand.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current security threats and new technologies released by critical vendors.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specially outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- The individual must at all times perform assigned duties in a manner to offer highest level of security while accessing sensitive company information.
- Proactively research emerging technologies to understand, make recommendations, and help train others on these technologies.
Maintain system uptime, perform upgrades, ensure maintenance continually and minimize downtime:
- Drive to new levels of the infrastructure architecture and best practices by providing innovative ideas based experiences
- Keeps an open mind and welcomes ideas from a variety of sources, including "old" ideas from the company archives, ideas from employees (regardless of department) and clever suggestions from consumers.
- Independent worker and free thinker, who can self-direct and are not afraid to question the existing norms and who will bring their own strong independent contribution to the table.
- Shares best practices and benchmarks of excellence
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years Technical Experience in a 24 x 7 IT Environment
- Advanced Communication Skills, Oral, Written and Presentation
- Advanced Layer 3 and Layer 4 packet analysis
- Advanced Troubleshooting and Problem Solving Skills
- In-depth knowledge with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances
- In-depth knowledge with Cisco VPN technology to include SSL and IPSEC
- In-depth knowledge with IDS/IPS technology
- In depth knowledge of IT security from a technical point
- Ability to Maintain, Develop, Interpret and Follow Written IT Policies and Procedures
- In-depth knowledge in LAN, WAN and supporting networking technologies
- Previous experience maintaining data center network related hardware
- Proven team leadership skills, with teams meeting/exceeding goals
- Strong ability to work in a virtual team
- Must possess good communication and presentation skills in English
- Cisco Security Certifications Preferred: CCNP Security preferred, CCNA Security or other comparable certifications may be substituted
- Certification in ITIL Standards
- Technical Degree or Equivalent on the Job Experience
- Familiarity with ISO and PCI Standards