BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more.
We make this happen in more than 110 countries with over 12.000 creative, committed and experienced people. And it’s how we maintain an industry-leading client-retention rate of 97%, with 2015 sales of US$23.8 billion.
SR. DATABASE DEVELOPER | OUR REMOTE OFFICE
As a Sr. Database Developer, you'll use your relational database knowledge to provide scalable enterprise ETL processes and technical support for our data management systems. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding data requirements, security requirements, metadata, design, development, and testing activities to successfully implement and support the needs of the business.
You will grow a long-term career while continuously receiving hands-on training and mentorship from senior level architects and developers in our business intelligence and ETL groups.
- Design, develop, and test ETL solutions based upon business requirements in our enterprise database environments.
- Become the subject matter expert on toolset and technology - must demonstrate personal drive to achieve expert status.
- Review and manage work assignments (includes support cases) for team in an Agile environment.
- Monitor ETL processes, quickly act upon failures, proactively communicate malfunctions, and coordinate with other teams, whenever necessary.
- Provide technical representation and communicate with customers until issue is resolved.
- Estimate tasks and successfully deliver upon committed dates.
- Demonstrate ability to set and manage own priorities effectively in a dynamic organization.
- Be an effective listener, who can give timely and constructive feedback. Is willing to state opinions assertively and deals constructively with conflict situations. A problem solver as well as willing to comprise for a common effective and efficient solution
- Work as a team; cross trains as well communicates effectively and efficiently in a virtual team environment.
- Support enforcement of security and access control measurements to safeguard database authentication and authorization infrastructure
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business and technology partners
- Participate in production on-call rotation, where required.
- Work closely with business analysis and application owners to review and detail project requirements and design.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Assist in the preparation of designs and technical and/or functional specifications.
- Perform code reviews and work with teammates on according to company coding standards and best practices.
- Ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts by working with team on integration activities.
- Use ETL standards and practices toward establishing and following a centralized metadata repository.
- Work with business areas and IT to ensure integrity and proper integration for all sources of enterprise data.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- 5 plus years of ETL development project experience utilizing Microsoft SSIS
- 5 plus years of data design/development experience (database development, analysis)
- Prior data integration experience; ETL, EII, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and hands on experience of key technical concepts, such as: logical and physical data modeling, performance tuning, code reviews process, data normalization processes, data integration methods, Agile SDLC, production support, etc.
- 3 plus years of experience developing utilizing the Microsoft BI Stack (SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS) experience
- Hands on experience with normalization and integration methods/techniques
- Experience using tools such as RedGate, Atlassian (Jira), Wiki, Visual Studio, TFS,
- PragmaticWorks, Power Designer, Tortoise/SVN
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- Understanding of the Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills