Bombora is the leading provider of intent data for B2B marketers. Bombora's data aligns marketing and sales teams, enabling them to base their actions on the knowledge of which companies are actively researching what products, and the intensity of that consumption.
Using this information, marketers can drive more qualified demand through the funnel while sales teams can prioritize accounts and have higher quality conversations. The source of this data is the first co-operative of premium B2B media companies. Members contribute content consumption and behavioral data about their audiences that are aggregated into over 2,800 intent topics. In turn, they can better understand their audiences, serve advertisers and monetize their inventory.
Revenue Accountant | New York, NY
Bombora is looking for a highly energetic professional who is detail-oriented and analytical with a background in accounting or a related field to join our New York-based Finance team.
A passionate and effective communicator, the Revenue Accountant will act as a representative of the company by reaching out to clients and making inquiries about account balances. In this role, responsiveness to inbound requests and following up on accounts to ensure timely payments is critical. The person in this role will be a self-starter, who can handle multiple projects, with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across the team to tackle any issues arising from billing and collection.
The successful candidate must have the ability to thrive amidst the challenges of a fast-paced, often autonomous, constantly evolving startup environment and possesses a natural gift for engaging with clients and taking the initiative to achieve the target goals of the Finance team. In this role, the Revenue Accountant will:
- Effectively communicate with sales reps and handle Salesforce to track all contracts and invoicing for clients.
- Oversee the billing process by reviewing contracts and ensuring they are in accordance with company protocol, as well as initiating invoicing and tracking un-billed contracts to ensure a smooth work-flow throughout.
- Prepare client invoices in accordance with company procedures, customer requirements and terms and conditions of the contract.
- Establish and maintain schedules to track timely billing to record within the correct general ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of revenue recognition from contracts and establishing journal entries to manage unearned income to revenue process.
- Administer Salesforce to ensure opportunity schedules match revenue recognition and verify balances by closing opportunities to proper revenue recognition.
- Manage AR aging reports and monitor risk and collectability of high risk accounts.
- Comply with all commission accounting policies and procedures.
- Daily monitoring of cash receipts and recording payments to the correct invoices.
- Assist the Finance team with monthly closing and year-end audit.
- Identify and correct quality control issues such as duplicate billing, data entry errors, set up/system errors, etc.
- Special and ad-hoc projects (as assigned)
- Competitive compensation package
- Additional benefits included
- We have a startup atmosphere with a casual work environment, in-office entertainment and snacks
- Regular team building social activities
- An annual off-site in the Hamptons
- Flexible office hours, flexible leave, networking and career development
Experience & Background
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year university, or equivalent work experience within Finance or Accounting.
- Familiar with, Intacct, Saleforce, and prior knowledge of DaaS considered a plus
- More than one year of experience in Accounting/Finance or a related field.
- Self-starter and demonstrated capability to manage projects.
- Methodical, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Quick learner and curious
- Strong problem solving skills