Broetje Automation is the world’s leading expert in aircraft construction working with the top names in the aerospace industry. We specialize in the design, development and distribution of aircraft supplies from prototype to full cycle production & distribution. With over 850 employees worldwide, Broetje global headquarters is in Rastede, Germany and we have locations in USA, Japan, Russia, China, France, and United Kingdom where we plan & implement highly-efficient solutions for the assembly of aircrafts.
Service Technician | Wichita, KS
Broetje Automation is the world’s leading expert & OEM in aircraft manufacturing automation and robotics is looking for an experienced Service Technician to join the team. This role is responsible for the following:
- Install, program, repair, & maintain Automated Fastening Machine tools, robots, and related equipment - such as CNC’s, PLC’s, robot controllers, end-effectors, positioning systems, vision systems, automated fixture devices and parts feeders.
- Apply knowledge of electronics, electrical circuits, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and programming
- Review work order and related documents, programs, manuals, blueprints, and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment and parts needed for installation, diagnostics or repair assignment.
- Program and/or modify program of machine tooling, peripheral devices or robots to perform specified tasks applying knowledge of various programming languages.
- Perform analysis according to advanced blueprints & quality specifications.
- Install and maintain electric or pneumatic end effector tools on robot or machine tool.
- Utilize understanding of gauging, tooling, inspection, and blueprints.
- Troubleshoot & correct difficulties encountered with equipment start-up.
- Regularly test electrical components: wiring, switches, relays, encoders, & sensors.
- Observe equipment to detect malfunction and rapidly repair.
- Interface with our valued clients in a professional manner.
- Train customer’s staff & new technicians in machine & robot operation as needed.
Experience and Background
- Minimum Associate’s degree in the following: Industrial Electronics, Automation, Mechatronics, Electrical Maintenance or equivalent experience
- 2+ years field experience in industrial manufacturing environment
- Siemens Step 7 PLC experience
- Siemens 840D experience a huge plus!
- High level of PLC troubleshooting/maintenance experience (PLC programming experience a plus) with strong electrical & mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication skills & ability to interact with teams, clients, and vendors
- Ability to analyze and diagnose automation problems
- Troubleshooting electrical circuits
- Proficient with multi-meters
- Experience using precision measuring equipment
- Rotating shift work is required
- Some travel may be required
- Competitive hourly wage plus overtime
- 401(k) company match
- 100% paid healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability plan & group life insurance program
- Three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) plus ten paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- International travel opportunities (Germany)