Bryan Construction, Inc., headquartered in Colorado Springs for over 30 years, is a construction manager/general contractor performing both domestic and international work. The company specializes in new construction, addition/alteration, build-to-suit, civil infrastructure, and tenant finish projects for both public and private endeavors. Proven delivery methods include design-build, design-assist, CMGC, and design-bid-build.
We take pride not only in maintaining outstanding client relationships at every level, but also with our ability to draw from a pool of dedicated and experienced trade partners and vendors. These key relationships are a central focus in our dedication toward superior customer service, uncompromising quality and a resolute desire to meet or exceed owner’s expectations.
We hold ourselves to the highest level of construction standards as noted by our current membership with U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), and experience with numerous projects under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system. As such, we meet or exceed applicable construction and renovation guidelines and we stand ready, organized and equipped to support our customers’ needs with multiple LEED Accredited professionals on staff.
We are committed to “Performance Excellence” and our corporate values securely position Bryan Construction as one of the most accomplished, respected, and reliable general contracting and management firms.
This is mid-level to advanced project position. The responsibilities of this position are diverse. Depending on project size and other challenges, the Superintendent may be responsible for entire job start to finish and/or other areas ranging from foundation, structure and façade through MEP to interior rough and finish. The Superintendent’s role is one of leader, coach, negotiator with leadership being critical to the projects performance. This position will be working as an equal with the Project Manager to successfully manage the project from start to finish.
Project Start-Up/Turnover Meeting
- Identify pre-mobilization activities in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Develop start-up schedule with the Project Manager.
- Assist in formulating and implementing construction schedules in the field
- Establish and implement the Project Baseline Schedule based on the project contracts and subcontractor input, taking into elements that might impact the schedule.
- Maintain the schedule and ensure that work performed is consistent with the contract and will meet or exceed client expectations.
- Update project schedule as needed.
- Provide progress report with the three-week look ahead of schedule to the Project Manager and the field staff.
- Ensure that all subcontractors participate in a safety pre-construction meeting prior to starting work on the project
- Review the project daily to ensure that all activities are being performed in accordance with all OSHA and governing requirements and the project sire specific safety plan.
- Ensure that all pertinent benchmarks for the project are established and inserted in the baseline schedule
- Ensure that all appropriate individuals become members of the Q-Team
- Ensure that all 1st delivery inspections and benchmark inspections occur per the baseline schedule so as not to impact the progression of the subsequent work
- Ensure that the inspections are approved, documented, and communicated to the project team
Sub-Contractor and Site Management throughout the project
- Manage site pre-construction including pre-construction survey, job site utilization and staging plans
- Mobilize the field office and maintains the job site to Bryan standards
- Organize documentation of the job site utilizing Bluebeam Revue for easy access and review
- Manage subcontractor performance to quality and ethical standards
- Work with PM to identify and resolve personnel issues and construction process revisions
- Manage all phases of the construction process including documenting and reporting site activities and progress
- Attend/chair project turnover, mobilization, and project coordination meetings
- Attend/chair safety pre-construction meetings
- Chair weekly foreman and safety meetings
- Chair monthly schedule review meetings
- Attend/chair closeout meetings
- Attend/chair owner meetings
- Chair subcontractor meetings and any others necessary to monitor and manage the project
- Complete and implement construction office checklists including emergency phone lists
- Complete daily reports and maintains logs of key activities, files, and shop drawings
- Manage the quality and condition of all material deliveries
- Maintain required safety reporting and all other required files to Bryan standards
- Ensure that as-built working drawings are maintained
- Manage subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list.
Education and/or Experience
- Preferred 5-10 years of Multi-Family Construction experience as a Superintendent.
- Commercial experience acceptable as well
- Solid communication and organization skills
- Is proficient with all required computer programs such as P6, Timberline, Prolog, Bluebeam, Excel, Word and Sharepoint