CareAll Home Health Care provides in-home medical and non-medical home care, skilled nursing, therapy, and companionship all across Tennessee. CareAll has been providing home health care to Tennessee residents for more than 30 years. With the latest technological advances deployed, CareAll is the leader in home health in Tennessee!
Physical Therapist | Western Tennessee
The Physical Therapist is responsible for assisting in the care and rehabilitation of designated home care patients. The therapist treats disabilities, injuries, and diseases through the use of massage, exercise, and equipment, employing properties of heat, light rays, water, electricity, and all other accepted physical therapy procedures. The therapist plans, administers, and evaluates individual treatments of assigned patients and determines appropriate activities, as indicated by patient's needs. Assists in the supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants. Each day you will be responsible for the following:
- Performs evaluation of physical therapy needs for the patient and develops the physical therapy plan of care
- Assists the physician in evaluating patients by applying diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests
- Performs direct and indirect physical therapy care, establishes staffing patterns and plans, provides and supervises care rendered
- Reviews medical records regularly on patients receiving physical therapy to assure that documentation, re-certifications, supplemental orders and on-site supervisory visits are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with Medicare guidelines
- Completes physical therapy visit and supervises required disciplines in therapeutic exercises at timely intervals. Records appropriate progress notes noting patient's response to therapy.
- Evaluates the patient's progress to determine the need for continuation or discontinuation of services and notifies the physician accordingly.
- Documents and submits agency paper work within allotted time frame per agency policies.
Experience and Background
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited program
- Current state licensure as Physical Therapist and CPR certification required
- Knowledge of home health care and supervisory experience is desirable.
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving history within the past 3 years
- Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam, if required. This requirement includes criminal background investigation and reference inquiry. Successful candidates must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.