X-Ray Technician / Medical Assistant
CareSpot Urgent Care offers a broad variety of walk-in and scheduled medical services, including urgent care, health checks, and occupational health for non-life-threatening conditions. Online and mobile tools allow you to save your spot in line before walking in, or you can also make an appointment for a later time or date. Our extended hours on nights and weekends plus on-site lab testing, X-ray services, and other diagnostics make everyday healthcare even easier.
The X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant is responsible for providing basic clinical care to patients commensurate with their medical education.
- Perform initial clinical evaluations as well as directed procedures for urgent care, occupational health and worker’s compensation procedures.
- Perform X-Ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement using knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Prepare patients for continued medical evaluation by physicians, physician assistants and advanced registered nurse practitioners by taking a brief history, establishing vital signs, recording appropriate documentation on approved CareSpot forms and recognizing levels of acuity allowing appropriate medical intervention when necessary.
- Check patients in and out at the front desk to ensure patient flow when needed
- Communicate with patients on wait times and next steps
- Assist registers with various duties when required
- Administer any medication as ordered by provider and within your licensure/certification
- Ensure equipment is in proper working order and report any malfunctions
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
Experience & Background
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Radiology Technician Certificate and current state license
- BLS Certification preferred
- 1+ years of experience as a Radiology Technician in a comparable environment
- Successful completion of a radiology Technician certification program with externship experience