Checkers & Rally’s Restaurants
Checkers & Rally's restaurants were born out of the idea that a bland and flavorless burger was downright bad and that Americans everywhere deserved a better tasting burger — one that was unexpectedly bold, made-to-order and priced at a value that was hard to beat. Founded by experienced foodies with a renegade spirit, both the Checkers & Rally's unique double drive-thru concept, with its over-the-top checkerboard squares, chrome styling, red neon signs and of course the food, was an instant hit. These two new burger experiences were hot, fresh and served with a smile. People were hooked!
GENERAL MANAGER | COLUMBUS, OH
The General Manager is responsible for executing the restaurant plan to achieve established standards, sales and profits as well as providing excellent Guest service, preparing high quality food and maintaining a clean work environment. This is done primarily by staffing, personnel training, operating and maintaining the restaurant such that Guest satisfaction is maximized.
The General Manager exhibits Checkers and Rally’s corporate values as well as the Leadership and Technical competencies necessary to be successful in the position.
- Meets budgeted sales and controllable costs targets, reviews inventory, and reconciles order/invoices
- Develops sales building strategies to increase restaurant profitability
- Controls all aspects of P&Ls, analyzes the data and develops appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends in controllable items, QSC, sales and profits
- Develops (with District Manager) and executes a local store marketing plan in response to market conditions such as competitor pricing and other competitor activities
- Responds to competitor activities aimed at diverting restaurant business
- Develops and executes plans to improve sales and profits
- Trains employees on responding to Guest complaints and providing a high level of Guest service while meeting Guest service times and company targets
- Reviews Guest feedback metrics and develops plans to increase Guest satisfaction
- Identifies, evaluates and responds appropriately to labor efficiency problems, cash/security issues, and any government agency inspections or visits
- Ensures that company standards for product quality and product safety are consistently met and executes restaurant cleaning plans, calibration and maintenance plans and operational checklists
- Implements safety guidelines and practices, ensuring that they are followed through at all levels in the restaurant
- Monitors inventory levels to ensure product availability; orders products, and receives inventory and stores products
- Maintains, modifies as necessary, and utilizes restaurant systems to provide consistent operations and Guest satisfaction
- Determines staffing requirements and ensures hiring processes result in accurate staffing levels as well as shifts are staffed at the appropriate levels
- Ensures restaurant personnel are trained to execute products to company standards(Quality, Service and Cleanliness) and ensure the use of restaurant “systems” for QSC and cost controls
- Trains employees to identify problems and develop alternative solutions
- Trains employees on running effective shifts, coaches and develops their employees and creates engagement within the restaurant
- Accurately maintains company records
- Reviews trends in turnover and meets turnover goals
- Understands employment laws, manages employee performance and the employee complaint and resolution process
- Conducts weekly meetings to discuss key business priorities
- Provides feedback regularly to employees on their performance and annually, completes the performance review process
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree preferred.
- Food Safety certified
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Over 2 years restaurant management experience, preferably in quick service restaurants
- Microsoft Office and general systems experience required