We're hiring in all of our branches!
Victorville - Rancho Cucamonga - Downey - Temecula - Lancaster - San Diego
A direct mortgage lender with our corporate office in Victorville, Choice Lending Corp is committed to helping those in the High Desert, Inland Empire, Antelope Valley, San Diego, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties find the right mortgage product for their needs.
Being a direct lender, our loan officers can give their borrowers the customized, personal service they deserve while offering competitive interest rates and closing costs. We make the process of securing a mortgage simple & straightforward by empowering our loan officers with the latest in financial tools so our borrowers can make confident financial choices. Direct lender verses the more commonly used term, “mortgage broker” is much like the difference between buying wholesale and buying retail. Not only can a direct lender like Choice Lending save borrowers money, we can streamline the mortgage loan process, while customizing a loan package to fit every borrowers needs.
What makes Choice Lending different?
- Best in Industry Compensation: 100% Real Payout - up to 3 points! You get a true 100% payout on all Yield Spread Premium (YSP) on in-house, lender paid comp programs. There are no splits, no hidden fees, quotas, or any other nonsense. And don't forget about weekly payroll - get paid fast!
- Loan Officer Focused: Our founders, Ben & Aaron, truly believe that by focusing on loan officers, the clients would be better served. Since 2012 we've opened 5 new offices, and the Victorville branch was honored as "Best in the Desert" for the 4th time.
- Operational Excellence: We deliver. We hit our deadlines. We give you the tools and support to build your business to it's highest potential.
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, reversing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
- Solicit new residential mortgage business
- Sell Choice Lending Corp mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals. identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
- Ensure exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, communication and complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Two to three years of experience as a loan originator
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government loan programs
- Knowledge of processing underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 10 plus loans
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Teamwork and customer service skills a must
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing task
- Familiar with FHA and HUD guidelines
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills