Civitas Capital Group
Civitas Capital Group is an independent specialty asset management and financial services firm with operating divisions focused on Alternative Investments, EB-5 Capital and Development. Civitas evaluates the truth that lies at the core of every investment. We dig deeper, using a rigorous process to evaluate investment opportunities from every angle.
We are looking for a talented Fund Accountant to responsible for specialized accounting support of commingled investment portfolios within the business line, while gaining an understanding of the big picture of how specific function impacts the firm.
- Leveraging our fund accounting technology,
- Complete one or more key aspects of net asset value execution including; transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash, and special handling, as well as break identification and resolution.
- Ensure daily accounting deliverables are timely and accurate.
- Process transactions, verify information, escalate problem items and manage daily volume.
- Ensure daily output maintains department/team standards for quality and timeliness.
- Help to ensure team deadlines and/or requirements are being met.
- Manage daily production reporting.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues.
- Follow up on open inquiries.
- Interact with other Client departments on resolution of issues.
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure.
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity
Experience & Background
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Master’s/MBA a plus)
- Private equity and/or real estate fund accounting experience are highly desirable
- Fair value and investment company accounting and reporting experience a plus
- Strong reconciliation and research skills over a broad range of accounts
- Proficient in portfolio accounting systems, Excel, and other MS Office software products
- Excellent interpersonal skills