Coast Counties Peterbilt PacLease
Coast Counties Peterbilt PacLease is proud to be a leading online dealer of Peterbilt trucks, and we'd love the chance to show you why! From our personal service feature and online showroom to our easy to use search tool giving you access to one of the largest inventories of Peterbilt's in the country, our mission is making your buying experience easier. Also on this site you’ll find information about the services we offer including leasing, financing, parts, and service of Peterbilt trucks. Join the thousands every week that discover the easiest way to research and purchase quality new and pre-owned Peterbilt trucks.
Coast Counties Peterbilt owns and operates three full service locations in Northern Califoania including San Jose, San Leandro and Salinas California.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN | GREATER BAY AREA, CA
The Service Technician diagnoses and completes repairs on customer vehicles in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs at a fair cost to the customer.
- Plan with the Shop Foreman and the Service Writer to establish repair strategies based on job priorities.
- Determine work required from the repair order.
- Observe and listen to the vehicle in operation to determine malfunction, to verify customer’s complaint, and to plan repair strategy.
- Complete repairs efficiently within the time allowed.
- Perform QUALITY repairs minimizing shop comebacks and unnecessary shop expense.
- Submit a complete and accurate write-up for each repair performed.
- Road test vehicles to verify satisfactory repair (if you possess a CDL)
- Maintain your time card and computerized time posting on a current basis.
- Confirm that all cores are returned to parts and that warranty parts are properly tagged and stored.
- Coordinate with the rear parts counter on parts needed for the repair.
- Maintain a clean shop environment. Throw out trash from your repair. Return tools to the cage. Roll up and store drop lights and extension cords.
- Maintain the readiness and proper working condition of the shop tools. Make adjustments and minor repairs as needed. Notify your Shop Foreman if tool is not quickly repairable.
- Assist the Service Writer with preparing accurate repair estimates when required.
- Update Shop Foreman on current repairs in process on a regular basis.
- Participate in training in an effort to increase skills.
- Maintain current certifications.
- Complete all Peterbilt Professional Service modules.
- Work in a safe manner. Do not put yourself, a customer, a fellow employee, or a vehicle in harm’s way.
- Provide and maintain a full set of hand tools and air tools.
- Leave the customer’s vehicle in the same or cleaner condition than when you started repair. Use seat covers and floor mats.
- Be punctual at the start of your shift and when returning from lunch and breaks.
- Do not exceed one hour on check and advise conditions without approval from your Shop Foreman.
- Bring any additional repairs found to be needed to the attention of your Shop Foreman or Service Writer.
- Always wear your safety glasses when on the shop floor.
- Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations regarding disposal of hazardous waste, OSHA, MSDA, right-to- know, etc,
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner reflecting the importance that the customer has in our business. Without the customer, we are out of business.