ColeJenest & Stone
ColeJenest & Stone is one of North Carolina’s leading Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning and Civil Engineering firms with offices in Charlotte and Raleigh. We are a studio-based firm that offers innovative design-centered solutions for public and private clients in North Carolina and South Carolina. Integrity, Quality, Service and Innovation underscore a firm-wide focus on sustainable projects that enhance the built environment. There is also an opportunity for a relocation package for any qualified candidate interested in moving for this role.
Civil Engineer | Charlotte, NC
We are currently seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team in Charlotte, North Carolina. This position will work closely with a Project Manager in a team environment and be responsible for assisting in the preparation of site civil construction documents.
- Preparation of due diligence/site analysis including: Review of survey, zoning, transportation requirements, water service, sanitary sewer service, floodways, stream buffer requirements, stormwater drainage/management requirements, watershed requirements, etc.
- Preparation of conceptual/schematic site plans including: Layout, grading and drainage plans, earthwork calculations, stormwater management, water distribution and sanitary sewer plans, etc.
- Preparation of construction documents including: Demolition plans, staking and material plans, erosion control plans, grading and drainage plans, earthwork calculations, stormwater management, water distribution and sanitary sewer plans, site details, public street/transportation improvements, project cost estimates/analysis, etc
- Bachelors degree in civil engineering required
- EI required
- LEED AP preferred
- Two (2) to eight (8) years of experience
- Knowledge of site-related design required
- Experience in land/site development required. Previous experience in single-family design preferred.
- Knowledge of technical software such as Civil 3D,HydroCad, WaterCad, StormCad and GIS software
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to apply civil engineering concepts to problem solving involving site design issues
- Very competitive salary and bonuses
- Healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Participation in our 401K program
- Generous PTO benefits
- Excellent continuing education
- Flexible work schedule and business casual dress code
- Access to NFL Carolina Panthers tickets
Other factors consider:
- Great office culture
- Project/Client Diversity
- Financial Strength and Stability
- Strong Reputation
- High Quality Reputation
- Strong training program