Columbus Capital Lending is a full service mortgage banker that is creating a new world in mortgage lending. From baby boomers to millennials, we have a strategy that is poised to make Columbus Capital Lending a leader in mortgage service.
If you are a person who is looking to explore a new career as a mortgage executive or are already the captain of a successful mortgage career, Columbus Capital Lending has your solution. We provide mentoring programs for those just starting out as well as mastermind programs for those with a proven track record of success.
Columbus Capital Lending has quality in the areas that mortgage professionals want and is extremely sharp in the area that mortgage Loan Officers desire the most.
What's different about Columbus Capital:
- Award-winning loan quality & technology: Ellie Mae awarded us their Outstanding Achievement in Loan Quality this year, and our technology has drastically decreased loan lifecycles, improved efficienty, increased loan quality and given us the flexbility to innovate!
- Be a part of a special type of family: Culture is a critical part of the vision of Columbus Capital Lending. Our operating systems have been developed to increase employee engagement, team building, and a clear understanding of the mission of the organization. Truly a family first environment where we work hard and play harder!
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities: Columbus Capital Lending’s expansion into Texas provides a wide open canvas for those who are looking for management and branch opportunities with advanced compensation structures. We offer mentoring and private coaching that top producers generally pay thousands for as a standard of employment .
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, reversing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a loan origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable
- Efficient in time-management and ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures