Founded in 1971, CommonBond Communities is the largest nonprofit developer, manager, and service provider of affordable homes with services in the Upper Midwest. We preserve, build, and manage apartments and town homes while providing on-site resident services.
We have earned a national reputation for excellence as we leverage resources and provide housing that is viewed as a community asset. Our homes with services serve as a catalyst to promote economic independence for adults and academic achievement for youth, as well as bolstering independent living and lifelong learning for seniors and people with special needs.
Our mission is to build community by creating affordable housing as a stepping-stone to success.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN | ST. PAUL, MN
The primary responsibility is to ensure the timely completion of all assigned maintenance duties and other tasks. Duties include performing repairs, preparing units and completing preventative maintenance.
- Des Moines, IA
- Milwaukee, WI
- North Minneapolis
- Coon Rapids
- Maplewood & Woodbury
- St. Paul
- Oakdale, MN.
- Stability-long-term, consistent ownership of our properties
- Generous benefits package the first of the month after 30 days of employment
- Eleven paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- A challenging, fun, career growth oriented work environment
- The ability to apply your skills and experience and to keep your skills sharp (ongoing training)
- A chance to make a difference in lives of our residents
- Ensures timely completion of all assigned work orders.
- Completes basic building repairs related to air conditioner units, air exchange systems,
- electrical work, carpentry, fixtures, plumbing, appliances, and windows.
- Completes preventative maintenance, grounds maintenance, basic housekeeping tasks and
- general upkeep.
- Assists in prioritizing work orders and monitoring maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Prepares vacant units as assigned.
- Responsible for on call emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Interacts with residents, vendors and fellow employees in a respectful and professional
- manner, treating others with dignity and empathy.
- Works with management to ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with
- applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Clear, concise communication with property manager and regional maintenance supervisor
- on the work schedule for assigned sites, purchases, work order and unit turnover status, on-call
- work and preventative maintenance.
- Follows all CommonBond safety policies and local, state and federal regulations.
- Inspects equipment before each use; uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2-year Technical Degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 1-year maintenance/trades experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Good interpersonal skills
- Special Boiler License or ability to obtain.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Basic computer skills including ability to send and receive emails, enter hours worked on
- internet based system and access/perform data entry in Microsoft Office products.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work on call, weekends and the first and last day of each month; must be
- available for overtime as is needed.
- Experience or training in building maintenance such as appliance repair, plumbing,
- electrical, carpentry and preventative maintenance.
- Willingness to learn and assist above and beyond as part of “the team”.
- Ability to self-direct.
- Good interpersonal skills