Founded in 1971, CommonBond Communities is the largest nonprofit developer, manager and service provider of affordable homes with services in the Upper Midwest. We preserve, build, and manage apartments and town homes while providing on-site resident services.
We have earned a national reputation for excellence as we leverage resources and provide housing that is viewed as a community asset. Our homes with services serve as a catalyst to promote economic independence for adults and academic achievement for youth, as well as bolstering independent living and lifelong learning for seniors and people with special needs.
Our mission is to build community by creating affordable housing as a stepping-stone to success.
PROJECT MANAGER | ST. PAUL, MN
The Property Manager's primary responsibility is to manage the daily operations of the site in order to provide a fiscally sound, well-maintained and socially healthy apartment community by coordinating the marketing, rental, and occupancy along with a strong focus on customer service and community relations. The Property Manager provides leadership and guidance to the staff.
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and local laws.
- Prepares all resident files to include all preparatory paperwork.
- Develops and maintains effective, professional relationship with residents, the community and owners/owner boards.
- Walks property at regular intervals to ensure resident property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good condition. Confers with maintenance technician concerning deferred maintenance, the operational budget, staff problems and overall maintenance related issues.
- Supervises, directs, trains and evaluates staff. Prepares yearly employee reviews
- Manages collections and collects rent payments and makes bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Meets Company benchmarks for occupancy, rent collections and timely compliance paperwork.
- Obtains bids and supervises capital or contract service and assists or prepares annual budget for the property.
- Enters all data into YARDI, maintains accurate waiting list, and selects and screens new residents.
- Reports to regional manager and/or vice president of property management prior to hiring, terminating or making wage or position adjustments of on-site personnel.
- Leases apartments; implements and maintains effective advertising and marketing plan; implements staff, program and/or site improvements contained in budget and OPM.
- Assists with move-in / move-out procedures, including unit inspections, security deposit processing and unit preparations.
- Implements procedures as outlined in the Red Book. (Emergency procedures manual) Supervises and purchases janitorial, maintenance and office supplies.
- Keeps regional manager informed at all times in the areas of: Status of vacancies/projected occupancy; Cash flow situation; Exceeding budgeted expenses; Any legal actions; Performance of on-site staff; Property conditions that could necessitate action by the owner; Potential property liabilities or hazards.
- Implements comprehensive marketing strategy to meet predetermined vacancy standards.
- Prepares monthly newsletter for entire complex and holds regular Crime Watch meetings; plans and coordinates resident activities and model apartments.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs and Affordable Housing Program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Excel.
- Two years' experience in property management or real estate.
- Strong marketing and leasing skills.
- Ability to self-direct and manage multiple projects or tasks with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient on the computer, demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software and EZ Labor.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Basic knowledge of apartment maintenance and construction.