Courier Systems, Inc., our mail transport company, transports all customer mail to Mailroom Systems, Inc. to be processed. In addition, Courier Systems, Inc also provides a courier service for mail transport between customer locations.
Mailroom Systems, Inc has been one of Mid Atlantic’s leading outsource mail management companies since 1973. We strive to give our customers excellent service through our experienced team. We offer a wide range of services that you can depend on each and every time to be done right! At Mailroom Systems, Inc we give you the peace of mind of working with a company large enough to meet your needs…But small enough to know YOU!
Courier Systems, Inc. is looking for drivers who will perform the duties below and drive a pre-determined route to satisfy the needs of customers in a safe, timely and courteous fashion. This role is being offered in both full and part time capacities, with starting hourly pay at $9/hour with periodic increases based on performance, in the areas of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and West Reading, PA.
- Picks up and delivers mail from our customer by operating a company van weighing up to 10,000 GVWR.
- Drive in a safe and professional manner, exercising defensive driving skills.
- Inspects assigned vehicle per the CSI’s pre-trip and post-trip inspection guidelines and procedures.
- Reports any defective findings to the Transportation Manager and records on the company’s Tablet.
- Maintain accurate daily route sheets using a Tablet assigned to the driver.
- Maintain the continuity of route structure.
- Represent the Company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience & Background
- High school education preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to read and comprehend English.
- Prior experience driving in a work environment preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to use a Cell phone, Tablet, Hand truck, Vehicle and Handjack.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle and all related equipment necessary to perform courier duties
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Good customer service skills is a must
- All drivers must be a minumum of 25 years of age to meet insurance requirments