The George S. Coyne Chemical Co., Inc. is a diversified distributor of chemicals and chemical services. Chemicals are purchased nationwide from over 100 manufacturers and suppliers and distributed primarily throughout the Northeastern United States to a wide range of industrial manufacturing, and municipal markets.
PURCHASING ASSOCIATE | PENNSYLVANIA
We are seeking a Purchasing Associate to join our team! Assists the Purchasing Supervisor to forecast, maintain, and process stocked and non –stocked products.
- Work as needed with the Purchasing Supervisor to schedule and assign daily work activities for the packaged products.
- Assist with sourcing for spot purchases.
- Coordinate freight carriers and terms with shipping department, vendor, and/or carriers.
- Be available as needed to participate in getting freight rates for into stock items.
- Assist with the reporting and handling of all pricing increase/decrease and product discontinuation/changes announcements.
- Assist with developing improvements to the purchasing procedures.
- Comply with all current ISO and purchasing procedures
- Communicates with customer service and sales regarding lead times and any changes for inbound products.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must possess excellent follow-up and planning skills.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize workloads.
- Must be able to multitask multiple projects at once.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Past experience using ERP systems preferred.
- High School education (minimum)
- Basic chemical knowledge.
- Have good team working abilities
- Dental, Medical, Life, Vision, 401K